Conan exile fatal crash when trying to load the game up

I have recently installed the game Conan exiles in order to try the new 3.0 update. However every time I try to load the game to play I’m given a fatal error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and I have also went through steam to validate the game files, every time it comes back clean with no issues. Any suggestions or work arounds for this error message:

Fatalk error:[file:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\UE4\Source\conansandbox\conandsandbox.cpp] [Line:467]
Mountedpaks num(199) not equal to expected paks num(198) and (0) optional packs not available. please verify your installation.

Hello,

the path to conansandbox.cpp looks mysterious. You write you have validated with steam, but all my games “STEAM!” have a path like PARTITION:\Steam\Steamapps\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox <= into this directory there is on my side not such a file "conansandbox.cpp.

These files are only inside my Steam Game path (PC/Steam/Win10Pro):
grafik

Hey there :slight_smile:
Your content folder has an extra pak file, you can right-click the game in steam and select Manage → Browse local files to open up the game folder

There you could typically go to ConanSandbox\Content\Paks and delete some of the pak files that are the oldest (you can sort by date), however in your case you said you just installed the game anew completely? In that case the files will probably all have the same date.

You could try deleting all the low-size ones (because the bigger ones are likely valid paks and needed and it would take you a while to redownload them since that folder is the bulk of the game) and then re-verify the files to have them redownloaded.

Anyway, if you manage to get rid of the right ones and re-verify your gamefiles the error should go away.

That’s just a virtual path, the game mounts the pak files to that path so you can’t actually locate that on your hard-drive.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem

So what delete any old date paks and if they are all the same date delete the small ones the re-verify the game on steam and hope that it installs any needed missing files to make the game run?

Correct. If you have paks with a different date from the install start from there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.