Conan Exile Freezes when using Sorcery Staff

Day 24,

anyone heard anything about any patches coming out??

1 Like

Day 25,

found this in another excellent thread today!!

yay!! is hope, is dare to dream, Yaya!

1 Like

Day 26,

So reason for delay of cross platform patch release is because they are trying to synchronize these fixes.

Super pumped!

1 Like

Yes, a Funcom Administrator posted a comment just the other day about how they are currently waiting on approval for their latest patch and as soon as that approval comes through then a patch will drop for all platforms.

It was fixed?

It not Was fixed @Mayra

2 Likes

Thank you @Canoe for poking. We already forwarded it to our team.

1 Like

Even after this latest update, all these same issues remain for both ps4 and ps5 players on our server. Some cannot even load in anymore

2 Likes

Greetings Exiles,

Can you all please state on which server number or game mode did you experience this issue?

We are trying to narrow down if itā€™s an issue on Singleplayer, Coop, or Online and your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

PS5 Single Player. Have tried to cast a spell 3 times since switching from a PS4 to a PS5 a few days ago. Worked fine twice, froze once. Donā€™t know if this is significant or not but the time it froze was when I tried to cast a spell a short while (i.e. about 5 minutes) after one of the successful attempts. Each time was the gather resources spell (canā€™t remember what itā€™s called).

Semi related, prior to this week I was a very frustrated PS4 player. While I admittedly havenā€™t tried a PS4 since the latest patch, the difference in game stability between 4 and 5 for me is like night and day - the attempt at sorcery is (thus far) the only time Iā€™ve frozen / crashed in around ten hours of PS5 play.

2 Likes

Has this been noticed as a source issue with the game? Iā€™m asking for friends that are using external drives on both PS5 and PS4. If the data connection isnā€™t sufficient then I will recommend them using internal drives.

Server: 4511. When have so much players in the same place, is more easy to all crash.

1 Like

PS4 player,

only play in solo mode these days. Definite improvements since latest patch.
2 items guaranteed to crash PS4.

• sorcery, specifically the initial instance of spell casting, the very first animation, with the sound file (it is my deep belief that the sound files and animations are death to PS4, we need an option to settle down sound within this game).
  • BattlePass, same dealio, animations and amazing sound files are crash/locking game with huge reproducablility. <very humbly, if we could only simplify Battle Pass associated animations and sounds I believe performance would greatly improve> Would be amazing to improve performance if these items were muted/simplified when choosing Performance under SETTINGS Gameplay.

just spitballing as a player guys, I know Iā€™m not a programmer. I am pointing to correlations I have witnessed, you guys do the causations. Good luck.

I have noticed sound issues in game even prior to release of 3.0, but 3.0 magnified the correlation of sound effects and lockups hugely.

PS4, solo mode, hardwired internet, internal HD, aprox. 250GB free on HD.

1 Like

.still yuck.

Gameplay in SOLO mode seems to hinge on the magical 1 hour mark.
I am aware through numerous Forum posts that PS4 in SOLO mode relies on the console as its server and as an older game console is not able to perform at levels seen before 3.0 was released. But even avoiding sorcery and BattlePass the game cannot function in solo mode for more than 2 hours before freezing, and more usually it is one hour. A work around is to play for 1 hour. Exit game, and reload game and continue.

Solo Game needs some optimization, so far have cleared cache, rebuilt database, uninstalled Conan, rebuilt database, reinstalled Conan. And gameplay is as was described above. PS4 requires additional OPTIMIZATIONS. It should not be sold for PS4 today.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.