Conan Exiles Community Mailbag – Leave your questions here

Now that our latest content update is out we’re sure you have a lot of questions and comments about the recent release! Thursday we’ll be answering some of them in our first ever post-update Q&A stream!

Post your questions/topics here for the Q&A. Please limit yourself to no more than 2 questions per person. We will only be able to answer some of your questions during the stream.

We will not be able to talk about future titles or upcoming mechanics or features.

The stream kicks off at 5pm CEST / 11am EDT / 9am PDT on our regular streaming channels.

2 Likes

The Black Dragon Pike no longer gives a stamina perk despite the description still indicating that it does. Is this intended?

Can you fix the blood letter armor. Its was heat armor( I died and lost everything in my inventory due to temperature offline) Now its cold armor. Can you put it back to heat please n thanks

Are you ever gonna make the game free forever i was sad when it was only free for 3 days and i still want to play it

1 Like

Anyone know when the next discount is gonna be? Have a few friends that want to play with me but they are waiting for the game to get discounted.
If you have any info please let me know

Im on PS4 but questions apply to all systems.

Q1: Will devs ever go back and work on a proper clan system?

Q2: Since movments and controls where updated in last patch. Will we ever see a camera zoom in/out feature?

3 Likes

Will you ever fix the 2 year old bugs people have been reporting for 2 years, or will you continue to just add more broken stuff?

Could one adress abandoned thralls and pets from bases long gone? Causing some pain in the ■■■■ on pve.

7 Likes

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to see if the team had input towards sony now allowing crossplay on their service. Originally you guys explained on your website under the ‘Host Server’ tab that this is a locked feature and have said no on twitter. Now that things are different in sony polices and it seems the team has isolated that as the main issue, would devs reconsider?

Ideally, console players would be able to host a pc server and have ps4/xbox players join. As well, have this as an OPTION for players and still allow pc servers to stay strictly pc to keep their mods and combat advantage IF THEY WANT TOO.

Few Sides/Explaination/Mini Rant worth Skimming:

• Firstly, under the servers tab on the Conan Exiles website some things have been changed, now oppose to “Rent a server” taking you to a mini guide on how to do so for PC/PS4/XBOX is just links you to gportal. No mention of the statement in my first paragraph anymore.
  • Secondly, this could be nice as an option to allow your ps4 and xbox player base to continue playing without the fear of needing to use gportal. Mostly due to them being unreliable and problems with servers being out of players hands, plus they are a fortune.
  • Thirdly, guess I need to appeal to how this could make some $$$ for funcom as they are a business and business need to be profitable. So, this would give a little more power (shift some problems) to players in maintaining the game. Say a poor patch comes out and people are loosing thraws, server admins I am assuming are willing to replace/do what they can to keep their players and can easily replace these thraws. Less pressure on the dev team to work on reverting and more just fixing this problem. Devs spend less time (less money) on these problems and can focus on dlc/wider patches, maybe even disable the bug till it is fixed at a later date. Next, ps4 players wanting to host a server would need to buy another game copy to host on pc. Easy sale.
  • Lastly, longevity. Take something like minecraft (Sorry to bring that into this everyone) and putting aside some of its timeless mechanics the community continues to thrive due to private servers. Private servers keep things interesting and shake up the mix when players introduce new ideas to the player base. Eventually funcom will stop working on Conan Exiles but can still make money from this game if players are still able to play it with people still being interested on the game. Funcom would sell more DLC and copies of the game if it lasted an additional 10 years.

Just providing some food for though!

I think it would be interesting to hear about how the design team learns about play styles and works to support or change those. Do you have people on the team log in to official servers, do you do focus groups, and do you look for examples primarily within CE or from other games as well?

A lot of the challenges people have discovered in the Arena and Debauchery patches have shown me that my knowledge of how other people play is very limited and my assumptions wouldn’t be right.

Example, the Arena patch was internally thought of as the “PVP patch”, but the outcomes seem more focused on PVE: battle standards to allow PVE players to fight, weapon changes for “roles” but without recognizing the impact of the animations/timing on actual combat.

Similarly, Debauchery seems like RP for people that don’t RP with automatic idle animations and ambient sounds, not recognizing how the lack of autonomy conflicts with RP goals.

The problems with Treasure Seekers also really shows that some play styles are much more heavily invested in repetition and resource hoarding/concentration, and that would be really hard to plan and test for if not aware.

Hi there,
you said, you cant expand the Map because of Technical Issues.
But is it possible to make an new Map in another instance?
Like you go through a Portal or gate or whatever and you are in a New
World.

2 Likes

First question: Can we expect to see more dlcs based on Age of Conan armors?

Second: While you can not comment, and will probably say that you can not say. Is sorcery even still be considered for development or has that been canned in light of a different design direction?

Third: Something that has not been asked in a long while, during EA other siege engines were mentioned. Siege towers, corpse lockers, are there plans to add more siege weapons to expand siege warfare? Perhaps new traps as well?

Fourth: With one? Dungeon remaining, will there be plans to do more or will this be the last bit of new dungeons for the game. Will there be new creatures, or roaming creatures added to the overworld?

Given that a huge chunk of your audience are roleplayers and you clearly do care about them (which alone makes you a dev team to be appreciated), have you considered actually hiring / paying an active roleplayer to help work on content that is supposed to be FOR roleplayers? Some things you added with the new DLC are truly interesting for the RP community, others are just pure headaches and it does make people wonder if you might need assistance with that coming right from the source.

As a console server owner, are there any plans to expand some more functionality for admin controlled city building?
IE Indestructible admin base parts even with damage turned on for everyone else on
server.
Allowing an option to turn thralls always “on” in PVP, like originally, and not tied to
raid times.
NPC spawn points that act as in game spawns (re-spawn every 15 minutes if killed
or captured, reset at server restart, etc.)
Loot tables for those spawns being selective by admin.
Separating NPC, Bosses, and minion damage and HP sliders.

Thank you for all your awesome work. The game is great. I have only two questions…(cuz hey that’s all we’re allowed)

What are you using for source material and considering part of your conan universe;
The conan books, magazines, comics, movies, all of the above?

In the conan movie, Conan and Subotai are talking about the gods they worship. Conan mentioned Grom, and his mountain. Subotai says he worships the Four Winds which he says is greater than Grom. Will we ever see the Four Winds as a religion in the game?

Thanks for the chance to speak and be heard. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

All the dlc’s have so far been fairly well organized so the items were easy to identify and find mainly because of their backgrund color, but Debaucheries of Derketo feels a bit messy and it is hard to figure out if an item is from that dlc, especially some of the emotes is hard to tell if they are regular or from dlc?

1 Like

@envore I think it is a good question that the DEVS can answer without the forums help.

What was the reason for making the treehouse foundation a T3 that require bricks while it looks like and match the T2 insulated wooden building parts?

2 Likes

Now that there are 7 dlcs adding building content, is there any hope for consoles to get a better sorting/filtering method or a search function for hand craftables?

If you own all dlcs, with base game pieces included, there are 12 different types of building pieces cluttering up our crafting menus. If you unlock the tier 3 building pieces, all dlcs are unlocked as well, regardless if you plan on building with them. Being able to sort by dlc, or simply unlock the dlcs one at a time would greatly increase our quality of life.

2 Likes

Two distinct ones:

1. Some bases like Treehouses need archers ready to fight any intruder trying to climb at any time of the day/night, but Thralls are not responsive outside raid hours, so my question is, are you planning to add the option for the players who prefer to set them Hostile/Killable outside raid hours?

2. As a Sword lover, are you taking a look into 1h sword’s animations speed? The delay among the attacks you added in Blood&Sand patch made the sword too slow.

Now I want to thank you, and kudos for this update, the game feels a lot more polished, it feels good to control the character, the animations are fluid (just missing turning head animation now ^^), the dlc is gorgeous and now that you guys figured out mounts, I’m sure CE will live on for some good time, well done team! :metal: