Conan Exiles is about to die

Mmh, maybe this “someone” is just a troll?
Check the stats yourself, before you repost such fake numbers.

no they where the old stats before the update and release mikelei…if it was going to be that then if they costed more mats and didnt have a enhanced and flawless versions then i wouldn’t care as there is no khitan blacksmith, armorer or carpenter in the game anyway and by the time your level 60 your going to have a tier 4 of them anyway to make that in starmetal or hardern steel so not really much of a buff there

It’s more like pay to feel like idiot/sucker!

3 Likes

That’s the mindset of people though, they pay for cosmetic DLC and expect to be super heroes. I’m glad that’s not the case.

As for the game dying, maybe, maybe not. The past week and a half is the first time since I started playing I couldn’t log on in the evening due to the server being at capacity every night, for hours

it’s not about being a super hero… it’s about getting what was advertised… on multiple occasions prior to DLC release they said items will be comparable to Iron and Star Metal tier weapons… they are not comparable (they are worse than Iron tier for level 10 and worse than Hardened Steel for level 60 weapons) yet require same amount of resources!

1 Like

It seems like a trade-off, no? You’re trading some damage and penetration for a good bit more durability. I don’t think it is so much a rip if you’re trading one stat for another.

1 Like

And all that OH SO GREAT DURABILITY goes to waste because you have to clobber everything much longer (every encounter is dragged out… you are running the risk getting hit more and loose durability on other items shields/armor… yeah great trade-off)!

If you run the risk of your weapon breaking, then 240 durability is probably much more important than 5 damage at the most. I haven’t had the problem of swinging just one more time to kill an enemy, they rarely reach the last hit from my combos (and those who do make it to the last hit barely make it there). I don’t see an extra 5 damage doing too much. That’s me though, idk how much damage you end up pumping out.

1 Like

Great go kill some world bosses or Dragons solo with these weapons… these are level 60 weapons after all… you will require an extra hit for every 10 hits on average to dish out same damage as with Star Metal or Hardened Steel tier weapons.

So are you saying that the 10% more is a deal breaker for you, on an example as specific as a boss?

For the added endurance usable everywhere, I’d say it is a fair trade given the limited example of what the trade off is.

2 Likes

Ok few questions…

If durability is so important why most players prefer Black Ice, Dragonbone or Obsidian tier weapons to Star Metal or Hardened Steel tier weapons?
Also do any of you who are defending this trade-off have bought the DLC or plan to buy the DLC, have used the weapons from DLC or plan to use them in actual combat (be it PvE or PvP)?

And let’s be honest please when answering these!

What do those questions have to do with your point on needing to attack an additional 10% times against a boss? Is that really your issue with the DLC? That they do 10% less damage, and you do not find the additional durability they have worth it compared to their alternatives?

2 Likes

I can not speak for the mass of players, but there is no official consensus that more people use those specific weapon types. But, I personally think they look much nicer than the DLC weapons.
Whilst if we have the dlc or not does not make our point invalid that it is a legitimate trade-off and in eye of the beholder, a better trade-off than most. I personally have not gotten the DLC I don’t have the money for them. But I do know I prefer my weapons to last longer than do slightly more damage. And I do both PvE and PvP

1 Like

Yes that’s the issue with the DLC… for me and some other people who bought the DLC believing the pre-release talk about weapons being on par with Star Metal tier… for many people myself included this durability trade-off makes them inferior not on par with Star Metal tier!

p.s. GG avoiding the questions by the way (speaks volumes)!!!

Speaks volumes toward what?

But glad we clarified. You expected one thing from the DLC, got another. I can understand how that is a disappointment. Sorry you did not have your expectations met with what Funcom had presented the DLC being.

2 Likes

Have a picture for your durability trade-off argument…

How is that on par with Star Metal or even Hardened Steel (you not gain durability but loose not only durability but also armor penetration)!?

1 Like

Okay.

So the items have less damage and durability, and same/greater material/effort cost? And you are disappointed with that, finding their cosmetic/athstetic not worth it for the DLC cost?

1 Like

Where did i say anything about the worth or the cost of the whole DLC? All i’m arguing is that some aspects of the DLC are NOT AS ADVERTISED!!! Which leads to me not buying any future DLC for this game on day one if at all.
And yes if you promise me that something is on par with something else and it is not the case naturally I will be disappointed (if you promise me a cold beer and bring me something lukewarm instead)!

1 Like

No one said you did, I asked a question trying to understand if that was the issue.

Okay, understood. You feel you were lied to, and expected the DLC to be something else.

1 Like

Yes i was lied to (same as many others) and no I expected the DLC to be something that was advertised not something else!
(may i point you to the picture above… before you were arguing about that great trade-off… claiming it was on par or comparable… no!?)