Conan Exiles Mailbag Stream (12.12.2019) - Leave your questions here

Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions and great work on the mounts and the new dodge! My questions are:

1. Is there any chance whatsoever that we might get decorative thralls in the future?
  2. What is the true purpose of the Purge? Is it to act as a counterbalance to those who build too much? Is it to reward players who are more active? Is it something else? Basically, what’s the game designers’ vision when it comes to the Purge?
    • Bonus subquestion: Would it be in line with the team’s vision (and feasible) to make the Purge meter fill up faster the more structures a clan has?
4 Likes

Why Nerf The Treb?
Treb boulders are now 8x more time consuming to make (10 times more stone but we no longer have 10 twine and 2 iron rein to repair). That’s a big nerf. You need at a minimum, 100 boulders to accomplish anything, and that’s 25K stone which is not worth it in most use cases. In addition, boulders no longer have aoe which effectively doubles the effect of this nerf. Why the nerf?

Before the change, the Treb was not needing a nerf as evidenced by its underutilization.

Was this nerf related to the added Treb range and the penetration of the bubbles? Then what about the use cases that are NOT dealing with a bubbled lollipop base? As an example, here’s an alternative approach…

Alternative… Give us an “Improved Treb”… this takes longer to on-site-craft, uses the same ammo, but fires farther and has a chance to randomly penetrate a bubble about half the time, and costs a lot more to repair (steel rein instead of iron for example). Keep the original Treb as it was with no changes at all.

Any chance of an alternative like this, and in the meantime undoing the changes entirely?

See full post on this topic here.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of your work and the many improvements and content updates you keep bringing us!

1. is it at all possible, and hopefully in the works, to make it so we can drag knocked out npc’s while riding our horse? this ‘off hand’ mechanic seems to be possible considering you allow us to have a torch in the off hand with a one hand weapon while riding. this would provide some much needed utility to the horse, which, at the moment, is mostly a novelty in it’s overall utility.

2. our horse ‘inherits’ our encumbered state as it currently stands. can we allow horses to also inherit the 5th perk of encumbrance when we have it? for all the farmers out there, again, this would provide some much needed utility to the horses that is otherwise lacking at the moment.

bonus) if utility improvements cannot be made to the horse, when can we expect to have a 2nd follower be an option?

Thank again!

3 Likes

Many players suffer from eye-strain and/or motion sickness. Visual effects such as the camera shake while mining, and the acceleration effects introduced with momentum-based movement & mounts exacerbate these health issues. Can we please get accessibility options to disable camera shake and acceleration zoom to aid those suffering from eye-strain and motion sickness?

9 Likes

About the movement system …

• Now that you have had the chance to hear what people think about it, do you feel that you have achieved your goals with it?
  • If the system is there to stay, are you planning on doing any adjustments before the holidays?
  • Are you planning to address how this new system impacts key aspects of the game such as harvesting and “parkour”?
7 Likes

#1. How Big is this game gonna be? With Season 2 coming to End, its taking up 116Gb on ps4…

With my MHW and FO76 on drive… One more large update will basiclly prevent me from updating any of the 3 games do to ps4 requirement for double space to install/download.

I deleted ESO cause it passed 120gb.

#2, Where my short hair styles?
2012-Boyish-Japanese-Hairstyle

3 Likes

Would you guys be interested in making a conan style passive way of getting material? Basically already had an idea on how it could work. Base on where you put the workshop and what tool you put thrall or even animal thats what you will get. Food can also be the fuel. Coming to balancing just limit how many people can have or how much it gives you.

1. Will we get new map next year ?
  2. With settlement and sorcery ?

you can already doo that with pets, not? like rocknoses giving stone and such.

I am enjoying the follower leveling system and the other follower improvements you have made.

• Are there any plans to add a “Stance” setting for followers, so that we may set them as, for example “Neutral, Aggressive, Return to Home, and Attack”?

• Would you consider implementing a scout/directed travel system for followers, that would allow them to be guided by waypoints on the map?

Clans and multiplayer could use some QOL buffs.

• May we please receive a combination-lockable storage option?

• Are there any plans to upgrade or revamp the Clan System?

8 Likes

Would it be possible to move controversial and massive game changing overhauls to the TestServer and feedback forums before pushing it live and after detrimental bugs are caught and fixed?

I feel the game would be far better served by community involvement and discussion with such massive sweeping changes like the momentum/movement issue that is largely disliked, before it is implemented, rather then subject us to it and use our game time, on a product already long purchased, and use as live testing platform for already long standing and embraced game. People didn’t want these changes and the vast majority of us are still puzzled as to the practice of making massive changes across the entirety of the game when trying to balance one small sub-section of the pvp side of the game.

Sledgehammers are typically not used for nails…

Regarding future development practice (not what is being developed, but how) can Funcom be a little bit more reserved (and potentially involve the community to a greater scale) on massive game changing overhauls that effect every single player?

Many of us have feel alienated by this recent patch and how lopsidedly it effected the player base. Can we have some sort of reassurance that overhauls to a long released game and mechanics that players have experienced and embraced arn’t going to be the standard practice, changing the game from something we enjoy into… well, something else?

5 Likes

After seeing the feedback on the movement changes are you planning to revert or adjust them?
Are there any plans to move away from thralls being the heroes and players just their pets?

1 Like

I am so glad that you asked this one Barnes. I wanted to but had already used up both of my questions. I am hoping we can have an ‘Aggression On/Off’ or ‘Engage/Disengage’ option added in for Thralls sometime in the near future.

3 Likes

First, thanks for all the hard work putting mounts in the game, Funcom!

For my question: are there any plans to somewhat automate some of the farming (stone/tree/etc) for endgame players? For example: a Mine that would extract iron ore from some nodes. A logging factory to harvest some trees. etc.

I don’t want to detract from the difficulty of the game, but when I’m maxed out on everything, I kind of just want to build stuff or fight stuff without having to farm for every little thing. I enjoy fighting, so why not send my thralls to do the menial labor tasks?

Hello exiles.
Q1. Is there plans for a non combat zone around obelisks and entrances exits of dungeons ect. I mean not being able to defend ourselves is BS I know nothing to do with the update.
Q2. Why cant we open our gates while mounted.

3 Likes

Regarding controlling your mount, can they be made to steer like your character using the mouse? Riding them for long periods using the direction keys and shift gets very tiring. Yes, you can auto-run, but you can’t steer.

For thralls, i would ask that we be able to place them closer together. With the random stats, and the thrall limit, it’d be nice to be able to have a room INSIDE your base where you can place thralls to check stats and break bonds. We can have a max of 100, so I do not think it’ll break anything to be able to put one/foundation square.

3 Likes

Thx for the update funcom:

Are there any plans on releasing mannequins to display our armors?

Are there anymore plans on a season 3 pass for more DLC’s?

Or could we make ENC a horse stat?

1 Like

Hi funcom👋#1- I don’t know if its intended but since the new roll system was added, (in my opinion I think it was a good move, cause it would have be stupid to catch up someone’s horse by rolling in light armor ,no mather what other crybabies may think) many people have been complaining on our server about the target lock randomly unlocks from the target when they use the roll, even knowing we unchecked it on/off/on in the settings. We tested it in other servers and the roll still unlocks target no matter what. Could you fix this issue please? We know that before the update it wasnt like that.

#2 We noticed that almost 80% of the arrows in the game can’t be switched between eachother if they are all equiped in the shortcut wheel menu. Can you take a closer look at this and fix it when you have time ?? Thank you

P.S. Gates of Ember server

That would be awesome, just like rust codelocks on chests and doors.