Conan Unconquered - Technical F.A.Q (Read first)

Hey everybody,

These are the most frequently asked technical questions about Conan Unconquered. Please take a look at them and see if they answer any question you might have before opening a new thread.

Q: Which are the minimum and recommended system specs I need to run the game?

A: Here are the minimum and recommended specs you need to play Conan Unconquered:

Minimum Specs

• Processor: Core i3 (dual core) @3Ghz+ or equivalent

• Memory: 8 GB RAM

• Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620 or DX11 graphics card w/ minimum 1GB dedicated RAM

• DirectX: Version 11

• Storage: 10 GB available space

Recommended Specs

• Processor: Core i5 (quad core) @3Ghz+ or equivalent

• Memory: 8 GB RAM

• Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 or AMD RX580 or better

• DirectX: Version 11

• Storage: 10 GB available space

Q: How can I save a game in progress?

A: You can save your progress by selecting “Save and Quit” in the Escape menu.

Q: Where is the Conan Unconquered savefile stored?

A: While CU is a survival RTS and we do not condone save scumming there may be valid reasons for moving savefiles around (for example from one PC to another)

The specific path for the savefile can be found in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata<steamid64>\989690\remote\save_game; where is your unique steam ID, for example

Additionally there may exist a temporary version of the savefile here:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

If you are copying an older savefile over from another PC you should put it in the first location indicated above, and also remove any old savefile from the Temp folder. This ensures the correct savefile is loaded next time the game is started.

Q: Where can I find my steamID3?

A: In steam click on your profile name. A path with a long number will be shown, e.g. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/12341234123412345/ Put this number into https://steamidfinder.com/ and the site will list your steamid3.

Q: HELP! BY CROM! My game crashed and I lost my progress!

A: We’re aware of an issue that might cause savegames to become not valid if the game crashes under certain circumstances and we’re working on a fix to be released as soon as possible.
On the meantime, fear not as there is a way to recover your progress:
Windows may keep two copies of the save files

• One in C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Temp
  • One in \userdata<steamid64>\989690\remote\save_game

The first takes priority when loading over the second so, in the case of becoming corrupted, nuking the file in the temp folder lets you get back on track and hear the lamentations of your enemies back where you left them.

1 Like

Guys, I don’t know what save scumming is, but I DO know that this game requires a significant investment of time before you even get to the part where you have to make tough decisions. It’s very, very annoying to have to play the first few levels over and over and over, especially when every minute I spend playing this game is time that I should be studying or working or something more productive. Not being able to save the game at key points is a true pain in the ■■■, and it adds a level of difficulty that is based on tedium and feels totally artificial. We need to be able to save at will, and we need to be able to save a game so that it won’t be automatically overwritten by a lost position, guaranteeing that we’re going to have to start from square one repeatedly.

“Save scumming” is basically saving before making a decision is a game, and if you don’t like the results, loading the savegame rather than dealing with the consequences of your decision. That’s not what you’re supposed to do in this game. If you insist on doing that, you can use the workaround described by Ignasis, but that’s basically “cheat mode” because it’s not what the game designers want you to do.

Some games have this “ironman mode” as a default. They’re not for everyone, and I totally understand why some people don’t enjoy that. But that’s not a flaw in game design, it’s just not the right game for you.

No, saving isn’t working in singleplayer game! Please write this main information to Microsoft store. Without saving new progress game isn’t playable…