Connecting to Funcom Live Services... Failed to Login. Please restart or try again later

UPDATE: THIS POST IS NOT RELEVANT NOW.

I’ve just installed the game again after more than a year of break and I wasn’t really able to play.

The server list is completely empty and when I try to connect directly (to both official and private servers), a loading screen starts for a moment and then I get dumped back into main menu with a following error popup:

(imgur) / SDqIupn.png (sorry for weird format, can’t include links in my posts yet)

Single player works fine.

I’ve been reading something about some new “Funcom ID” feature, but I can’t find any official source saying exactly how it works, how to register it, is it mandatory for connecting etc.

I’ve explicitly forwarded these ports:

TCP: 25575,27015-27030,27036-27037
UDP: 4380,7777-7780,27000-27031,27036

as well as those listed on steam’s official guide (Required Ports for Steam)

I’ve also ran steam’s game file integrity check and it turned out fine.

How can I further troubleshoot this? Any places where I should look for detailed logs of what actually happens during the connection attempts?

Can anyone help?

I’ve deleted all the files except the most heavy (Content) folder and re-ran the integrity check to redownload. Now I can actually see the “News” panel in game, but I still cannot play.

When I click “Play Online”, I get a “Connecting to Funcom Live Services” popup but after a while it turns into “Please restart or try again later.”

Same thing with single player. Not accessible now.

Does the game require additional registration to Funcom’s services now? If not, maybe a port is blocked and in that case I’d like to know which one this service uses.

Looked around a bit on the forums and it turns out I’m experiencing this exact issue:

Only it’s NOT on TestLive. I haven’t been able to log in and play since this new ID feature was introduced, so chances are first log in procedure is busted and no ‘new’ player can log in either.

This has been an issue for me since the July patch. I get every day at start up, after I have played, exit and come back. It requires a HARD shutdown to fix. Steam validation of all files. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Get this STUPID adding of tours out. People use discord, this is unwanted and unneeded. FIX your issues, dont create more!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.