Constant "Failed to join requested game"

Game mode: [Online official + Online private]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Asia]

This is not a new issue, it seems that it has happened to many players in the past. I re-installed Conan Exiles yesterday and was unable to play all day yesterday

The workarounds (checking firewall, launching steam as administrator, restarting router, playing single player, lowering steam max pings in settings, etc.) that I have found are not working.

I was able to play for around 1 hour this morning on an official server (Official server #1342). I have just tried to join the server again and now I am only able to load in for 3-5 seconds before I am disconnected with a connection to server lost notification. After that, I am unable to load in at all until I restart the game.

I have tried joining other official servers as well as private servers with the same results.

This happens when joining through either the server browser or direct connection dialog.

I set up an infinite ping to the Official Server #1342 address and it never times out. Time is between 33 and 37ms.

Log file link: https://pastebin.com/gTRJnRQ7
Longer logfile where I managed to play for 10ish minutes before losing connection: https://pastebin.com/h3qd4sKC

There is a current issue affecting several servers (ongoing for some time now) that has caused that error. It’s due to some kind of network vulnerability. According to @Ignasi they are deploying a fix for it very soon. Same issue on #1345. In our case, it’s because Asian server = cheaters running rampant and attacking the server. They’ve said this week that the fix was on hold while they addressed some issues from the recent update, but now they should be deploying the fix.

Thank you! I was concerned that it was some kind of ISP issue. I’ll keep a lookout for the fix.

“1. This probably means GameState and/or GameInstance is not initialised at this point. IsClient(True), TempServerSettingsReceivedState(0)
2. [2019.09.14-04.30.26:116][873]LogBlueprintUserMessages:Warning: UFuncomGenericLibrary::GetServerSettings returned nullptr.
3. This probably means GameState and/or GameInstance is not initialised at this point. IsClient(True), TempServerSettingsReceivedState(0)
4. [2019.09.14-04.30.26:132][874]ConanSandbox:Display: Server settings received”

Lines 310 - 313. I personally never make it past GameInstance is not initialised. It just keeps going and going forever until it times out and aborts. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.