Controls not registering on startup over 80% of the time

Game mode: All
Type of issue: Performance
Server type: All
Region: EU

More than 4/5 times when I start Conan Exiles the game will not register any of my controls, either mouse + keyboard or controller, and this makes it impossible for me to skip the starting cutscene. Even if I do sit through the cutscene, it still doesn’t register.

It doesn’t matter what I have running on my computer, whether I have browsers, discord, or any other program running, I will have the restart the game anywhere from 3 to 8 times before it registers my mouse or controllers.

The thing is, it’s not a case of I start the game up, and start closing things until it works, I literally just restart the game time and time again and eventually it works. Nothing changes on the PC. It’s like there’s just a random chance that the game will register my controls.

Needless to say this is extremely frustrating.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start the game
  2. Start the game again
  3. Start the game a third time
  4. You get the idea
1 Like

I have brought this up many times before. Although alot of people don’t encounter it. I always seem to have a issue with it exactly on first start up and mod check. Then the 2nd restart i can skip it fine.
People gave me a solution where you just delete the videos and it will work but it will be re added if it updates. Alot of people blame having mods which causes it, but i unsubbed all my mods and still have the issues. I wish there was a option to not play the intros.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.