Crafting cost and fuel burn time multipliers set to 0.1 in a new single player game

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: Bug
Region: Europe/UK

After starting a new Single Player/Co-op game with a friend on Decadent difficulty, the crafting cost multiplier and fuel burn time multipliers were set to 0.10 in the Server Settings. We only noticed once we started to build a base and happened to notice how little stone and wood was consumed by crafting the building pieces. For example, a sandstone foundation should be 35 stone and 5 wood, but in our game it was only 3 stone and 1 wood. At a glance, I think all the other settings were as expected.

Using the Server settings to “Make me admin” and then set the game to the “Decadent” preset caused the settings to revert back to 1.0.

I tried closing the game, deleting all my save data, and starting again to see if I could reproduce the issue, but the 2nd time it was correct at 1.0.

The only thing I can thing of is that I highlighted all the different difficulty settings on the difficulty selection screen the first time before selecting Decadent, so maybe the values got set from say, highlighting “Custom”, and then when moving back to Decadent, it didn’t reset the values back to 1.0. The second time I played, I just went straight to Decadent without highlighting Barbaric or Custom. A long shot I know, but it’s all I’ve really got.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Start a Single Player/Co-op game on Decadent difficulty (highlight the other difficulties before selecting it).
  2. Create a character.
  3. Have a friend join (probably not necessary, but this was my situation).
  4. Check the cost of crafting, say, a sandstone foundation.

As mentioned above, I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue on my 2nd attempt, so it’s difficult to nail down exactly what might have caused it. I had never activated “Make me admin” until after we noticed the problem.

Hi @MartinB105, thank you for pointing out this issue, could you also let us know if you had any previous save and if it was possible that it had those multipliers set?

Definitely no multipliers previously set. This PSN account had no previous save data. This was the first time ever playing Conan Exiles on this PSN account.

There are two other PSN accounts on the same PS4 console that both have Conan Exiles save data, but the multipliers had never been modified on either of these accounts (I own both accounts and I never use anything other than default settings, and there is no-one else in my house using my PS4).

Thank you for letting us know, we’ll register this matter for our team to look into!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.