Crafting some items gives 10x expected XP

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

Crafting some items gives massively greater XP than expected (~10 x normal), while crafting other items gives expected XP.

Example: crafting a single Wheel of Pain granted 224,000 xp, which is about 10x normal.

I got similar results with an Improved Tannery giving ~10x expected XP. I tested a few low-value items (twine, rough wraps) which gave normal xp (not inflated).

General XP rates seem normal, including the expected passive 10 xp per 10 seconds.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Fresh install using dedicated server launcher 1.3.1 (tested both Siptah and original map)
  2. Default values on all server settings, including xp multipliers (all at 1)
  3. Craft a higher-value item (tested with Wheel of Pain, Improved Tannery) --> grants massively more xp than expected.
  4. Craft a low-value item (tested with twine, rough wraps) --> grants normal xp.

Hey @Grison

Before we relay this information to our team, could you let us know if there are any mods installed in your server?

1 Like

I have no mods installed. I was playing normally on the server and all seemed fine, until I crafted a couple of crafting stations and suddenly jumped up several levels (28-32). That occurrence prompted me to take a closer look at what was happening.

con los pinches de barricada pasa lo mismo llena media barra de xp por cada uno fabricado

Thanks for the clarification. We’ve sent it to our team so they can look into it.

1 Like

I was able to level from 41 to 60 in about 40 minutes (material grinding included) crafting about ten improved tanneries and dismantling them. Definitely broken.

I do have increased XP gain (I only solo play), but not increased by that amount by a long shot. XP multiplier is only 1.2

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.