Basic Info:

Platform: PlayStation 5
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Single Player
Server Type: Singleplayer
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: N/A

Bug Description:

The game has been crashing quite frequently since either the Age of War or the hotfix. If I had to I would estimate approximately every hour. I have seen this happen everywhere from fighting at The Dregs through to roaming the wilderness, and even while in the process of hauling Legendary Treasures home, hence the title. I was, and I do mean quite literally, within sight of my base having hauled a Derketo Cat Idol all the way down from the Black Galleon. And here in lies an additional problem; this is going to make it extremely difficult for players to carry legendary treasures across large expanses of map before the game is ‘due’ to crash. So I thought very well then, I put on the hard yards and earned it honestly, I will Admin spawn a new Derketo Cat Idol. So image my frustration when I try to do so and all I get is a black box with “FPO” written across it in white letters.

Bug Reproduction:

1. Play the game for around ~1 hour.
  2. experience a sudden and abrupt crash.
  3. (optional) lose your legenday treasure you have been hauling.
  4. feel gutted and report this.
3 Likes

Exact thing keeps happening to me too, im also on ps5, and yeah it is approximately 1hr until it crashes i timed it every 1hr sudden crash dont matter what you are doing, i was just clearing a random cave, got to the boss then the 1 hr was up, reset me outside the cave but my thrall was standing in the boss area , had to run down and get him, makes it unplayable tbh realy hope they adress this, oh elephant’s are invisible too lol its a meem at this point. Ruins it though tbh

1 Like

That sounds like my own experiences. It can be very disheartening when it happens, and especially when the timing is bad. Tell me are you a Singleplayer also FeZ?

Yes, like to get immersed, build a little village n such, populate it with thralls. I over look a lot of bugs with the game but this 1hr crash and invisible animals is a big no no.

1 Like

Sounds like a memory leak coming from something. Time based crashes often point to that. Something is ticking and the memory isnt getting freed up.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been testing it. It seems to only be on the exiled lands and it crashes at 59 minutes and 53 seconds.

2 Likes

Maybe try to disable stuff like the sandstorm or purges and see if there is an issue associated with those. Tweak day length, that kind of thing, and see if anything affects it.

1 Like

Great suggestions although futile, tried all of the above to no effect unfortunately. Not sure what it could be, its only recently started doing it, never had this issue last week.

1 Like

The only reason I suggested it was because the Sandstorm has gone thru periods of working and not working, so it seemed possible that whatever in the past had reared its head maybe went wrong in a new way with the emblems or purge.

This makes me wonder if the distribution of emblems causes a new game tick while it looks for banners. Are emblems in use in all these cases?

1 Like

Not on my game, not even unlocked the bench to craft emblems, it seems that the last hotfix or whatever they did has got something to do with it because before that yes it had issues but this persistent crash was not present

1 Like

We figure out that the crash is caused when you summon an ABYSSAL horse and you break his bonds, he goes crazy or he dies.

2 Likes

Yeah, as @HD1994 said. Official servers crashing on a regular basis (probably over 15 times a day). Most these crashes are caused by abyssal horses turning wild. I don’t know why but that transformation has a heavy impact on server performance and crashes the servers fairly consistently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.