Crashing on "pak file corrupt or tampered with"

What you said here is exactly 100% totally correct. I’ve been dealing on and off with this PAK file nonsense for years, like you said it comes and goes. It recently came back. NO MODS I ONLY PLAY ON OFFICIAL SERVERS. No changes to my pc, no new software, nothing. For me, turning off Realtec audio that comes resident on my motherboard seemed to help, but I’m probably wrong because the problem has returned. I’ve spent dozens of hours reading forums trying to find a cure for this nonsense. ALL MY FRIENDS have the same issues. I’ve tried it on three different PC’s, same results. No solution. And after all these years of this **** the customer service people still give the same useless and just plain dumb responses.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with pak file may be tampered with verify files or whatever but on GeForce Now my friend had just gifted me the game to play with him I load up the game fine but when I try load into a server it crashes and says pak file may be tampered with verify I verify and the same thing happens regardless I can’t touch the files on the servers either.