Current state of Yellow Lotus etc

Having recently returned to CE, I’ve been rather out of the loop.

Is there currently any known issues with Yellow Lotus and/or any of the other ‘reset’ potions?

I have a bunch of ‘unlocks’ on my old character I’d really rather not loose, and I know there has been intermittent issues with resets permanently deleting recipes and unlocks. As a devoted solo player I have to fulfill all roles myself, so being able to respec is basically obligatory.

Edit: official online, so no mods. In case it matters.

2 Likes

I remember last year yellow lotus had issues with erasing ingame unlocks when using but I don’t know if this has been fixed or not. I just don’t like yellow lotus because of all of the feats you have to go through and click again.

Hey how about an improvement in feats and the ability to “select all”

1 Like

I don’t want to lie here!!!
I play on ps4 and I use it twice so far in a new character just to have the control and actually see if I lost a recipe. So far so good. Yet this problem existed on Siptah & exile lands recipes, or Siptah only!!!
People that went on Siptah from exile lands, were loosing dregs recipe!
On Siptah the complains were for vault recipes (decorative) and Siptah other decorative! I never read that they lost weapon or armor recipes, at least this is what I read on the past.
Again, I test it on character lvl 30 and lvl 50 and I lost none recipe or e mote.
Ps4 is my console!

Ps. You know that midnight alchemist is very easy to obtain but you need raw ash :confused:. I wish I was on pc :pensive:

1 Like

I have been afraid to try myself.

2 Likes

Not be! You can try it on Wyrms bane! Yet there are so many recipes, it will be extremely difficult to understand if you lost one, it will take hours of checking :man_shrugging:. That’s why I did it on lower levels that the recipes are still on an amount you can control!

1 Like

On WYRM’S BANE I can use admin to change attributes.

2 Likes

I know :wink:. The point is if you’re going to loose knowledge it ain’t going to cost you :rofl:, if you do it on official however it will. The point is that on your server your toon knows sooo much and it will be difficult to detect what you missed, if, you miss something. It will take you at least an hour looking all the recipes :man_shrugging:. So no matter how safe it is at the same time it’s difficult.

1 Like

they never stated that the bug was indentified or dealt with…

so i guess u could still loose random recipes…
and now with the server transfer blocked, u could loose something that took u way too much effort (lets say midnight alchemist or a specific delving recipe in ios, or any vault recipe in EL)…

so proceedd at ur own risk…

4 Likes

Yeah that’s kinda what I was trying to alleviate, hoping someone could tell unequivocally “yeah no worries” or “yeah, beware recipes X, Y and Z go poof”.

4 Likes

Currently on Testlive, yellow lotus resets sorcery knowledge. As for live, I believe all other bugs have been addressed by now.

3 Likes

ouch. Is it the same on the…midnight alchemist feats reset potion that I can’t remember because no one uses it.

1 Like

No old players are not using them because it’s easy to go 60 or get fragments way before 60. I have to inform you that in pve servers a lot of people are using them, both yellow and learning potion.
In pve servers people don’t hesitate to lvl up, they care to build and decorate, so feat points are not enough and they use them for this reason!

Yea but fragments are easy to get and once you get tablets of power…it’s over. Learn it all. No need to reallocate points to here or there as far as feats go. I only use yellow lotus if I don’t have midnight alkemist…or in other words if I start a character in Siptah and get stuck there because transfers are off (not bitter).

2 Likes

pve perspective u eventually unlock all feats, but after a period of time u need to adjust mainly attribute points to go from a full encumbrance mode to a fighter mode… the only usefull potion in pve after some time is the beastial memory one… no one uses the natural learning or the yellow lotus cause who clicks 100 times to relearn ALL feats ?

2 Likes

now that server transfers r locked , would u risk loosing the serpent ios recipes or the feroxic ones in el?

or lets say u ran 30 -40 delvings in order to get the annoying shard , and u loose it would u like to go for it again?

2 Likes

I totally agree, I do the same, but we are way to burned with this game!!! Lags or overconfidence are our only enemies in this game! You cannot expect from people who just started the game or play some months to act like you and I. @Mikey started this game before you and me and he knows what to do too, yet the lotus potion is a tool to use in low levels, and why not a beautiful pve habit :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
In Siptah however, if you start a fresh character yellow lotus is very useful until you get the midnight alchemist (RNGesus).
I never used it in Siptah, first because of the bug and second because I went really fast 60 there too, I took I don’t know how many recipes and I was too lazy to put back feats, no thank you :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
We agree!!!

If I remember correctly it was @Boreas who brought this bug report a year ago! Yes Siptah rng is… You know :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

People just (re)starting might :wink: Plus I never grinded enough Tablets to unlock ALL feats, just most of them.

3 Likes

that is the reason i state “in time”

edit: as for the bug:

seems nothing has been fixed yet

In this case it didn’t remove unlocks, it just messed with the available recipes for the update. The knowledge (feats) were not lost.