Dear Funcom, please consider helping our modders

I fully support this.
@Funcom please improve the current system. Its a good start but modders are the live and heartbeat of the active community and need your support.

2 Likes

I support this as a server owner since April 2020. Beyond Stations changed a lot of aspect in our server starting by reducing a lot of lags causing by multiples benches and also by a lot of thralls emoting around. I don’t see us going back to old ways with the lag it generate in highly populated server. Please help our sweet mod devs that work really hard to make Quality of Life for us so we still enjoy the game. Thank you.

2 Likes

I 100% support this as well!

2 Likes

“And the option to turn of showing the thrall would be helpful too in reducing lag.”

Yep. Currently the range the benches detect at is huge. It’s not a workable solution to just move them away. Now that they’re placed, you can’t just pick them up and put them in a box. If they could be toggled so they can be available or not, for crafting, that would immediately fix things.
Also, range change would fix.
UI Extension to more than 3 would fix.

It doesn’t need to be every fix, but it’s just horribly painful at the moment.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

I very much would like to see Funcom help our modders right now. They all have been working very hard to prepare for this update. Changing such a core system has definitely had a ripple effect across many mods. Please give them a hand and consider options and communicate with them so we can all enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Funcom devs can’t even help themselves. No way in hell can they help modders.

2 Likes

Help us obi-wan-ken-funcom. Youre our only hope…

3 Likes

100%. Please fix this, Funcom.

2 Likes

I support this but have a theoretical proposition I hope one may read that will solve the modding & private communities blight.

The plausibility of giving private servers (maybe even singleplayer saves) the ability to rollback to or create saves loaded to older updates of this game and even given the ability to choose to update instead of being forced to saving a LOT of trouble.

I admit I am ignorant to the complexity of something like this compared to many other games that allow their communities to do it and maybe developers have already thought of it but I believe it would be effectual to at least mention it.

1 Like

Come on Funcom, please show some extra love to the modding community, modders keep me playing more and spending more money

2 Likes

I don’t think this is very helpful. It’s easy to get frustrated when things aren’t working as you want them, but this isn’t how to go about finding a solution.

1 Like

Multi-thrall profession crafting stations;

Fermentation Barrel
Artisan’s Table (Tanners and Smiths? Really. I would have thought carpenters.)
Tanner’s Bench (also takes armourers)
Tinker’s Bench
Casting Table

So, in plain, unmodded CE, these benches can theoretically have up to 6 T4 thralls with different bonuses or recipes available.

This is just to point out it’s not just about modded servers

EDIT: Also the Firebowl Cauldron takes alchemists and cooks. Missed that on my first pass through.

4 Likes

Personally I also second this. I know, backward compatibily is always an issue. But anyway, dor a game like CE that has such a rich and activ moding community, this certainly is an issue.
Ideally, you could implent a “City Live” switch that you can activate (or deactivate for mod support) in the server settings until the issue for filtering can be resolved in a gracefull way.

There is an option in server settings. But it doesn’t change how you use thralls. Just whether they wander around using chairs and beds and such

1 Like

Greetings Exiles,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for this overwhelmingly supportive and constructive thread.

I have forwarded it to our team as a source of feedback and evaluation on how we could best assist you all.

Please feel free to continue to add more notes, thoughts, and ideas after this message. :heart:

16 Likes

Thank you so much for the response. It is very much appreciated by all of us!

6 Likes

A united forum for these people that give their soul and a ton of real work and not pleasure, is what makes us better!
I am console player and i will never feel the joy of a mod. But i feel the same love and passion with these people for the game. Give them what they need please

5 Likes

This is a nice thread. The most populated servers on PC are by far the modded ones, so that tells you something about how important mods are for the game. But, the mods cannot fix everything without Funcom’s help.

And it’s not like unmodded server are faring well after this update either, so by helping modders you’ll surely help vanilla servers too as you uncover things.

Hello again!

We have some updates to share:
While we can’t promise dates or even have this included on the hotfix, our team will evaluate the changes needed as soon as they possibly can.

From a quick glance, they said that the work on our end would be a bit extensive, as parts of the system would need to be reworked to support the moddable features. And, as you know, some pressing issues have arisen with the new age that are being prioritised for the hotfix, which is limiting our bandwidth at the moment.

In the future, we ask that you share your feedback as early as possible after the mod devkit release so we still have time to adjust it before the patch or at least include it in the pipeline. :pray:

We really appreciate the modding community coming together and sharing their needs. It has been a very positive conversation to see in the forum, and internally we were also invested in talking about how we can make things better for everyone.

Let’s keep the line open Exiles! :smiley:

4 Likes