Death by meteor is awesome! :)

I’m tired of posting/complaining about bugs.
This was an awesome death!!

1 in a million shot!

18 Likes

Perfect timing. Great clip.

3 Likes

Wow that is cool!

4 Likes

try this on siptah… makes me feel gods dont like me . each time almost when i goo to mid it starts and i am like ant running from magn glass…

1 Like

In hindsight, that explosion just ahead on the left before I died, was a huge red flag! lol

4 Likes

I was watching a meteor storm just a couple days ago and several seemed to be aimed straight at me, but the location I was standing was where I have a map-room set up for the Frost Temple and is at the very limit of where they can hit, and I am very familiar with how rarely they actually hit that spot because I have to repair my map-room every time.

However, as I was watching them get closer and closer, I felt very unsafe and tried to dodge roll out of the impact zone.

I saw a huge explosion all around me, but I wasn’t harmed at all. My map-room was also undamaged, but the strangest thing is that there was no meteorite left behind.

I am not entirely sure what happened, but I can think of only two theories. Either the meteor glitched out of existence, or, much more interestingly, the meteor actually hit me exactly during the invincibility frames of my dodge roll and I destroyed it.

4 Likes

That is cool they have that mechanic that if you do get hit by a meteor … rest in peace to that player.

3 Likes

My map room up there didn’t get hit for months now I have to repair regularly no meteorites there either they must be aiming at my foundations

1 Like

Man that was metal as all hell! I love it. :metal: :smiling_imp:

KmKn did you do call upon Crom for aid?? :mountain_snow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I’ve had some close calls, but that was pretty awesome.

1 Like

I propose a new club be formed for those of us rare people who have actually been struck and killed by a meteor.
I was one of those, “casualties”.
Totally random, unexpected and most definitely unplanned.
If I could have captured a video of it, I surely would have.
But such an event must surely be more “astronomically” rare than being struck by lightning.

2 Likes

Maybe he did, that would explain why he got hit by a meteor :grin:

5 Likes

I was going to say something similar. We all should know that calling upon Crom can lead to dire consequences. He neither listens or cares about mortal troubles. You get what you get at the start and that’s all you get. The only thing he tolerates is when you tell him to ------ himself…

Conan the Barbarian - Battle of the Mounds - Conan’s Prayer to Crom - YouTube

Just make sure you know the Riddle of Steel when you go before him.

2 Likes

I am not sure about that. I have been killed while in my northern base and offline twice in the past by meteors.

3 Likes

Have you considered building on the northern side of slopes and “cups” facing away from the incoming meteors?
As of this date after many expeditions there, in consideration of where I chose to build (in various locations), as long as I’ve built in the morning shadows, my bases have never been hit.

1 Like

I was sitting on a bench inside of a building talking to some people when a meteor hit the wall directly behind my and BOOM! It was not a good feeling.

3 Likes

A clanmate built on top of one of the big Ymir dudes near The Temple of Frost and then left for a trip. Let’s just say over the past few days, we need to replace a dancer and install a boat-load of screen doors. :boom:

2 Likes

Can you build a wall thick enough to shield you from meteors? I guess not, since they need to land on the ground? Or can they be deflected?

1 Like

No.

No.

3 Likes

Just wanted to be sure. In this world sun and moon orbit in different directions, even cosmic events have to be questioned.

2 Likes