Decayed in under 7

Game mode: Official PVE-C server
Type of issue: Bug/ Performance
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: USA

Answering a family emergency in another state I left and last logged on the server on Sunday 8 Sep 2019. Logged in Sunday evening, after sustained ping issues to find most of my bases gone - of the 4 we maintained, the largest two were gone, a small thralling camp was gone, but our base at New Asa was all that was left and the two spots where we maintain fish traps were left. So how can fish traps survive where towers and huge bases cannot? It’s pretty apparent that there’s a bug in the coding for decay and that it went off in a shorter timeframe than intended. I don’t know what the answer is as it’s probably not possible to roll back on officials and restore what we had. Players were reporting the issue all over the server. Maybe fish traps are the new fountains for maintaining your base despite the timers.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go away after refreshing all your bases because you know you’ll be gone 6-7 days.
  2. Return in 6 days.
  3. See the carnage of your missing bases and all those folks land rushing your home of years.
  4. Look for another game to play or go on private servers that have a more reasonable decay window.
  5. Hope in vain that there’s anything that can be done to restore what was lost on an unmodded server.

I usually tag each property on Weds and Sat mornings. Since the summer 14 day decay. I only do Sat mornings, and to date everything is still there 7 days later.

From Sunday to Sunday, missing a refresh window by even a few hours… even minutes - from the time of last refresh - opens it up to decay status and player takedown.
The decay 24 hr countdown starts at that time which gives the owner time to reclaim before the game mechanics remove the build. (If it survives that long. A lot of newly decayed builds get looted pretty quick)

I know it can be frustrating, believe me.
I’ve logged in for a refresh once (which I missed by an hour) and saw someone looting my base right in front of me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As it is PvE-C: maybe someone else claimed it while in decay state and destroyed it for resources?

And I am at your side… 7days is way to short. 10 or 14 days should be standard.
Its not look the game is played by so much people that whole servers are uninhabitable because of older/other buildings…

It just says a big “frick you” if you didnt play for 7 days.

If this ever happens to me, I will be gone forever from that game :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.