Decoration placement ist a living nightmare now! (Since the last Patch on 30th January 2020)

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

When placing decoration (candles, Mugs, …) you can’t place them directly to each other, they will snap to each other (and build towers in a ~45°-line upwards). So you’re forced to leave a space between decoration items or they will staple. Also decoration objects will spap to walls/buildings. One can’t freely place decoration objects anymore. (This can’t be purpose, please, tell me this can’t be on purpose! :frowning:)

edit: one of my Clan Members checked, the bug still occured without mods!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. place a decoration (a candle for instance)
  2. place another and try to move it directly beside the first
  3. repeat step 1 and 2
  4. see for yourself D:
7 Likes

We have the same bug on our private server. You cannot place placeables correctly next to each other anymore. They snap into each other or onto walls. Even torches snap to walls instead of being placed in front of them.

1 Like

I can confirm this happens in Single player with no mods. placeables seem to snap to the first edge of the thing closest to them and slide along that edge until you move the mouse just right and then you can place it on the surface. if you get to close to the wall or another object the placeable snaps to that.

Yes I have noticed that as well! Was really weirded out when it happened, disabled all mods I had active and it still happened.

The bug exists without mods and with mods.
Singleplayer or on server. Tried all variants.
As soon as you want to place something it snaps the object into a corner. It is not possible to place objects side by side. It also happens on normal ceilings or foundations.
But the worst is on shelves or tables.
The object no matter if it is a candle or something else always snaps in somewhere. It looks like all objects have a grid and the things go off these points.
Also wall decoration is exactly the same. You cannot place them where you want them.

I have this happening on a modded server. It happens with decorations both from vanilla and from mods. Where cups, jars, plates, bottles etc. used to be able to be placed in close proximity to one another now they are forcibly kept apart. The booze gets lonely, please think of the booze.

Auf unserem Privat Server dasselbe Problem man kann leider nicht mehr so richtig Dekorieren. Ich hoffe es wird gefixt, weil so macht es kein Spaß momentan zu Spielen.

1 Like

Hey there,

We’ve poked our team about this issue.
Thanks for your feedback.

10 Likes

I’m having the same issue and its super annoying. It would be nice to hear from Funcom if this was something that was intended, can be disabled or if it is an actual bug. Because it almost seems like it was an intended change.

It is unintended and it is being treated as a bug at the moment.

10 Likes

Thanks for confirming! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep, Went to set up our chessboard and the chess pieces do this as well making it impossible to set them on the board.

So does that mean it will be fixed in the next update or do you have any news on when this bug will be fixed as everyone here has said super annoying.

I’m so thankfull to know, I am not insane and hallucinating. Or this is something meant to be like “From now on your supposed to be not messy while decorating. Everytthing have to be STRAIGHT! Or a tower. You choose. Bye!” :rofl:

1 Like

No ETA at the moment as our team is currently focusing on fixing some critical issues introduced with the latest patch.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

“treated as a bug” = it’ll persist for years. Just like all the other “known” bugs that have existed since 2017, 2018, and 2019

Btw it’s not just a PC thing it’s also PS4 servers (ie bug isn’t mod dependent). Noticed it last night when trying to place candles.

As a denizen of official servers, I’m pretty sure I know why this change was implemented. In other words, it’s not an introduced flaw, it’s actually a side-effect of a safeguard the dev team is trying to put in place. My belief as a player is that this will slowly go away over time until very few placeables are seriously impacted by it.

1 Like

I do not know if it is because of the problem with the snappoints, or if it is something else. But with us, items are gradually disappearing from the bookshelves that can be learned from the furniture maker recipe. Currently, you can no longer replenish them properly

1 Like

Really lol, bugs do not ever just go away and any impacted is to much, if they had tested it they would have know it would happen and have been able to fix it before it went out to the community and made our deco time hell.

1 Like

plz give back decoration! D: We are seriously suffering here!