"Demonic" wolves wanted (dead or alive) in Exiled Lands

Hi everyone,

so I’m stuck at this challenge. It seems to be about Corrupted Wolves as I killed several kind of normal wolves including the white ones.

Are there any permanent spawn points where I can encounter a corrupted wolf in Exiled Lands?
It seems I’m stuck with this for another 5-6 days…

2 Likes

As its been said, every wolf spawn has a chance of spawning the corrupted wolf you need. Its a 2% chance on each one. Go to where wolves are present in large numbers and start clearing them out. Can start around New Asgarath and move west to the Mounds of the Dead. By the time you get there, you can head back east and the first wolves you killed should be respawned to do another loop. Shouldn’t take more than a playsession or two to get the ones you need.

1 Like

Devil’s Squat at night time. Not 100% sure though.

Isn’t a white wolf demonic?
There are plenty main white wolf spawns, main spawns.
I think they work. Demonic is every one skull boss

1 Like

I thought the same thing but have killed white wolves with a skull and got no credit for the challenge. The white tigers gave credit for demonic feline but they are 3 skull bosses. Back to the grind with no direction or reason to it. Cmon cancer, kick back in and end this misery.

Tf? What? Am I the only one that got Defeat Kurak? It didn’t even unlock. Maybe because my thrall ran in and killed him? Idk. Gonna try again today. :unamused:

Also had the wolves. :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Dire wolves don’t count. Likely because, unlike most other creatures (alpha versions), there’s actually a demonic version.

This is the wolf you are looking for:

2 Likes

For the bp this doesn’t count anymore. I don’t do challenges, i just play regularly and it gets unlocked. Even yesterday that i started new session, i took many unlocks. So bp grind is over, it’s just play!
For the rest, i agree. The game puts you grinding for things you don’t actually need, unless you play pvp or role playing.
For role playing i enjoy the hell of it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that wolf in the game before. How long have they been around? I know I haven’t seen a corrupted wolf, or whatever it was called, for well over a year and thought it was gone. I farm wolves all the time when I get a new thrall since they are the closest thing to my towers. Is this one a random spawn for any wolf?

Its been in the game for several years. Like most animals/monsters there is a 2% chance for them to spawn their elite ‘demonic’ version on both server start and respawn.

Its just RNG being RNG. Always rare when you’re looking for them, tripping over them when you’re not (the most I’ve seen in a group is three and that was interesting).

And just for the record for those on Siptah, the three skull corrupted wolf at X’chotl does not count as demonic.

2 Likes

And like anything, the moment you need one, that percentage feels like it drops. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wow, at 2% I should have seen hundreds of them. I probably have and just don’t recall it. One of the drawbacks of being old and on chemo. And I thought my mind was one of the things that was still working fairly well. Guess it’s time to go take a nap. Thanks for the info Taemien.

1 Like

Around-ish 2.0 corrupted wolf might have been the last thing you saw :joy:
Truly it was the most scary encounter and also we play with buffed NPC damage set to x2.0 so this guy could 2-hit every player and it’s attacks are quite fast.

As Taemien said there is 2% chance for it to spawn. But first usually you have to kill a wolf and then there is a 2% chance that it’s going to respawn as a corrupted wolf.
When I lived in the woodlands I saw maybe once corrupted wolf spawning after server restart all the other corrupted wolves I saw in past few years were replacing a normal wolf after it was killed.

A PITA challenge truly, and I’m stuck with it for 6 days. They want you to kill three mobs that are not on the map and there is only 2% chance to spawn it.

You know you all are going to be swimming in those things after completing the challenge, right?

:laughing:

3 Likes

The wolves run from Telith’s Island to north of the Mounds. I ran that area to all the spots where wolves are for 2 nights and got them. It was actually a little easier than I thought it would be.

I found one near the dam, 1 on the ridge around New Asagarth, and 1 west of the Mounds near the Rotbranch.

2 Likes

Yes. If I weren’t looking for them they would be ambushing me right and left.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna start a new one when there’s a similar one.

Anyone know where to hunt a demonic shoebill?

In 3k hours I’ve only met a single skull shoebill once in the jungle , today I spent a few hours there , killed every shoebill there a few times and nothing

I used this to my advantage. lol… @Marylambs got on her single player server and found two in one spot after finishing hers… right after she logged in. I only needed one more, so I joined her and completed! :sunglasses:

1 Like