Derketo Religion Teacher

Just a question why does the Derketo Religion trainer not wear Derketo Priest gear?

2 Likes

Well y’know, she doesn’t want to be seen as one of those stuffy old-school priestesses, she can relate to the youth of today. She knows all the hip slang, she wears jeans to church, and she’s even been known to turn a chair around and sit on it backwards.

…Okay yeah no I’ve wondered that myself.

2 Likes

What I’ve wondered is why none of the Lemurians wear the Lemurian outfits even though they drop pieces of them in the inventory when killed. I mean the Cimmerians at the Mounds wear their faction’s armor and the inhabitants of New Asagarth, wear Vanir. Just seems like a missed opportunity to me.

3 Likes

Indeed. At least they drop pieces of Lemurian armor now, but the Faction has a feeling of a rush job. Aesthetically, they’re just like better-equipped Exiles, and at initial release, their drop table was copy-pasted from the Black Hand (so they dropped Black Hand shanties and directions to a treasure chest near the Black Galleon).

Replacing their graphical models with dudes wearing actual Lemurian outfits shouldn’t be really difficult.

Of course, it stands to reason that the “fraction of a fraction of a fraction” of this refugee nation, living in the swampy jungle, don’t wear their silks on guard duty or while sitting around campfires, so having “vanilla” armor makes sense from a practical perspective. Naturally, this would mean that they shouldn’t drop Lemurian armor pieces either.

But wouldn’t their high priestess wear something other than rags of Skelos? I mean, sure, it’s possible that she leans towards the “goddess of the dead” aspect rather than the “yay let’s party and copulate wildly!” side, but hey, how about that Derketo skull mask?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.