Desync bug has returned and is making servers unplayable

Game mode: [SELECT ONE] | Online private |
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] | Performance |
Server type: [SELECT ONE] PvP |
Region: [ Please enter your server region ] America
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: Yes (but this has been tested on an unmodded server as well)
Edition: [ Select one: Steam |

Bug Description:

Client / server desync bug is back after last update. Players are unable to harvest nodes, landclaim is being ignored and harvested resources are returning THROUGH buildings but are unable to be harvested, NPC’s are walking through buildings, Pets and thralls keep returning to areas they are no longer assigned to. Creatures fall through ground and vanish.
We have tested this on a vanilla, unmodded server to see if it was the map we are currently using (Savage wilds) or one of the mods but it’s happening on a clean install of a vanilla set up using the original conan exiles map and base vanilla settings. This is the same bug that was previously hotfixed in the past and it makes the game nearly unplayable for any server affected by it.

Installed Mods:

Pippi
Savage Wilds
Dudes Delightful Decorations
Dudes Delightful deux
Northern Timber
Sand and Stone
Asshuri Treasures
Arena Pier
Unlock PLus with pickup
Warrior Mutator
Skelos Collector for Warrior Mutator
DMT Admin Only
SVS
SVS2
Less Building PLacement restrictions
Emberlight
Savage Steel
Thrall wars dungeon mod
Improved QoL
CAS
Immersive armors
Fashionist
barbarian barber
Akuba’s Salon
High Heel system
Outfit Manager
RA Character Customization
Kerozards Paragon Leveling
Endgame Extended Weapon Arsenal
Ravencrest Couriers
Roleplay Redux
Devious Desires 3.0

Steps to Reproduce:

1. turn on server
  2. log in and play.
  3. try to clear area to build or try to fight, harvest, whatever and you cannot harvest, attack, building areas have resources grow back and block through buildings but you still cannot harvest them or mine them.
  4. Try relogging, trees and rocks are still there and cannot be harvested
  5. Try leaving the area or restarting the server, nothing changes the issue. For those affected, the game remains unplayable.

How often is the server restarted?

My only knowledge of this bug occurring is the server not be restarted daily (and when its heavily modded like yours, twice daily is suggested). Other then that, this is not a common bug at all for years now (always isolated to a specific problem with that particular server, and not the game). I know that Savage Wilds had problems also when it was first launched, don’t know if that was cleared up. You would have to take that up with the mod authors in that regard.

1 Like

Its not just modded servers. Official server 1942 has had these issues at a minimum of 4 days since I joined. Debug mode of the server shows most players with 500-1000 ping and a server FPS of about 2-15. Of course my main server 6107 doesn’t have any issues, but 1942 is Conan Exiles while 6107 is Siptah. Also, 1942 has about 20-30 people on throughout the day while 6107 is generally under 5 people.

Official servers restart every morning and it makes little to no difference on 1942. In fact, I would go so far as to say that server 1942’s hardware might need an overhaul.

That sounds annoying. Thanks for the additional info though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.