Developer Stream Recap: August 22nd, 2019

Solid new toys to play with, and I can’t wait to see what we get with Blood and Sand. But my favorite tidbit is the confirmation of more new dungeons. More Dungeons! More Dungeons! More Dungeons!

3 Likes

Thank you for the write-up and for the info from development.
It wasn’t said in as many words, but I felt a solid commitment to working on quality, immersion, and play experience. They are looking at parts of gameplay that either don’t work right or have gaps, and only some of that is easy to put on camera.

1 Like

I know the devs wanted to improve the weapon/armor upgrading system, but this ain’t chief, it’s too simple. I wonder if this is because of the inexperience of the devs working on Unreal, or if the devs really are that lacking in imagination or what; I mean, why don’t do just a regular upgrade path like every other game, you use some materials, you upgrade your weapon a level, then for the next one you need the next tier and so forth.
Then you can have upgrade paths, like adding poison or bleed or other effects, there’s a million ways this could be improved and made more interesting, but right now this is so bare bones its sad. Maybe is a budget thing? Like they’re trying to workaround with what¿s already in the game, tweaking variables, without actually adding new stuff?

These kits and oils don’t really make sense; if there was a game where regular smiting would exist is Conan, you know, just your old fashion hitting of the steel, instead we have these DIY kits that looks like you bought on smiting.com or something. Specially the so called “trade off” with the durability and weight, I get where they are coming from with that, but the thing is, this type of trade off only works when there’s strategy involved, as of right now, the durability lost and the dmg gain doesn’t actually make an significant impact, you can pretty much ignore it all and you wouldn’t note a thing. If you want to have a trade off, each option needs to matter, so it makes you think what you want to do for each situation, but as I’ve said, you can safely ignore it all and be fine. The only one that matters is the reduce weight ones, and only because of the boring encumbrance thing I wish games didn’t do anymore, it’s just so annoying than anything else; it doesn’t really add to the survival theme, not only that, but it adds a useless extra attribute you have to waste points into.
A way better way to do it, would be like in DaSIII, where you can only carry all you want, only your actual equipment matters to your mobility, but you can only carry certain amount of each item, so for example you could only carry 10 potions of any kind, just one water bag, and so forth, that, would emulate better the fictional backpack your character apparently carries where you put all your stuff.

Only question i did not see asked, “On PVE-c, if i run into a battle flag area and choose no, how does it affect me during the normal Conflict time?”

hi first time on the forum asking will the legendary cleaver be added?

1 Like

Haven’t heard anything recent in regards to new or additional legendary tools.

1 Like

IMO it appears to be an unintentional oversight that could be corrected but could also get overlooked again.

@nukem1981 I would like to clear some confusion when it comes to the legendary butcher knife aka cleaver. There is a legendary cleaver with harvesting power 8 (which is the highest).

What is currently not available is a Black Blood Cleaver.

EDIT: Gave my feedback and suggestion here: Legendary Tools

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.