Difficulties loading modded servers "wrong version"

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type:PvP
Region: NA

[Describe the bug here]
I am having problems connecting to modded servers. When it checks versions of mods, one or more mods will say “wrong version.” I close the app and reopen it. This time, that addon or the addons are fine, and it’s a different addon or addons that claim to be wrong version. I will do this as many as a dozen times, with no clear consistency.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Try to connect to a modded server.
1 Like

This means that the server and you are running different versions. It often happens when a mod gets updated but the server hasn’t restarted yet to apply the said update.

If you are running the latest version and the server is running the latest version, then it is possible for your mod .pak to be corrupted. Unsubscribing from the mod, deleting its folder and redownloading it should fix the issue.

1 Like

This is NOT a bug its poor maintenance by Sysops.

Sysops have to put daily roll over and mod update every 6 hours, or folks cant play until they manually up date them.
We tried three 8 hour roll overs, still have mod update hang ups.
Now its way worse then it was when we had our own server.

Today, mods will be updated all day long. Possibly all week long with this patch. So its expected to see server offline or server with mods having the wrong version.

My server is offline since I am waiting for various mods to update before turning it back on. There has been at least 1 mod updated every 30 minutes. Granted I have a ton of mods (44) on my server so I am patiently waiting for a good number of mods to be updated before attempting to turn the server back on.

I suggest patience like Multigun mentioned in another post about Mods. Thank you all the modders out there who are working hard updating/fixing their mods so we can play again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.