Directx command line parameters for launching game

I want to be able to make a shortcut for Steam to launch the game from a Windows shortcut to either use directx 9 or directx 11, without having to select that in the launcher. I’ve tried -force-d3d9 or -dx9, but that’s not working. I may recall that in TSW, you could launch the TheSecretWorld.exe to get directx9 and TheSecretWorldDX11.exe for dx11. Anyone know the settings or parameters that I need to use for SWL? Thanks

There are safeguards in place to prevent you from bypassing the patcher.

1 Like

You can run those files for SWL too, but IIRC they will still launch Steam to verify your credentials for login.

You can run those files for SWL too, but IIRC they will still launch Steam to verify your credentials for login.

I’ve tried SecretWorldLegends.exe and SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe; it loads the patcher then defaults to the directx that the patcher option shows. So, for example, I run SecretWorldLegends.exe which is for directx 9, patcher loads, then the patcher starts SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe. It’s odd.

If you have dx11 set as default in the launcher options that scans as correct behavior.