Discuss: Rules about Walls and Villages

I like the concept of public structures on PvE servers. Just keep in mind that land claim is inherent with any building. We are forced to consider the impact of the resulting claim and the benefit of the building to the server. There is no formula for how to vet such a building, so we have to make a judgement call.

We are discussing possible solutions with our developers that would make this kind of cooperation less impactful when it comes to land claim. One possible solution that I like would be the ability to designate a building as “public use” and basically turn off the land claim.

I agree. There are a lot of games that I play where I wish I could climb things the way you can in Exiles. The slight benefit gained by most bridges and roads are hard to justify given your ability to reach almost any place in the game without them.

However, there are some trips you will make over and over as you are gathering resources. And shaving off a chunk of time it takes to get from A to B can add up over time. We will keep listening to your feedback on this topic. For now, we would suggest players build these types of structures sparingly and with consideration to the land claim that inherently comes with them.

I think you are referring to building fences and drawbridges very close together. This is something our developers are aware of. You can expect this to not work in the future.

This falls under a different topic than land claim. I hope to cover it in another forum post in the very near future.

I can appreciate your desire for a black and white set of rules. We have no plans of doing this though. There are far too many edge cases and situations we cannot even imagine until we see them. Our goal with this was to bring attention to and reduce some of the more egregious problems that come up frequently. This would mean less Zendesk tickets, which in turn would allow for faster response times for the edge cases. We can also exercise greater leniency and hand out less suspensions if we are dealing with cases that are not clear cut examples of unfair play.

I don’t really even know what this means. What percentage improvement was made when I clarified the castles/villages example?

This is not the place to discuss a specific suspension. This is an anecdote and does not contribute to the intended discussion. If you just placed a single wheel, then I promise you that you were not the reason for the action, and asserting as much in this thread will only derail the conversation. I highly recommend that you make a ticket in Zendesk. We can tell you exactly what happened, and will happily review any appeal you want to make.

5 Likes