Game mode: Online official #1735
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Mounts that have been dismounted still follow the player.
However, only the active follower obeys/responds to the tactical follower commands (go/stop/attack).
[hypothesis: this is because, while they are still following you, they are not doing it in the Active Follower slot, so they never receive the commands]
This is an issue in combination with previous reported (animals cannot swim) bug, because while you may be able to tell an active follower “stop” at the edge of a body of water and then swim across, and say “go/move here” and have them teleport to you, the mount does not obey such commands and will therefore get stuck in the water.
- if dismounted mounts obey tactical follower commands, this may be desirable or undesirable, depending on what you are doing. “stop here” commands are harmless, but you may not want your mount obeying an “attack target” command.
- fixing the animal swim issue (either by having them disappear and autoteleport once across, or by giving them swim animations) would resolve this issue without having to modify the tactical follower system.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- get an animal to follow you.
- mount up on a horse.
- dismount. now you have 2 entities following you, one as active follower and the other as trailing mount.
- go to a large body of water. order the follower to stop. swim across the body of water.
- observe the follower stays put, the mount continues following and gets stuck in the water.