Animal followers get stuck in water

Game mode: Online official #1735
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: US

[Symptoms]
Animal followers get stuck when crossing swimmable bodies of water. They can cross walkable bodies of water (shallow rivers) but once the water gets deep enough that it requires swimming, they halt and cannot move, even to teleport to you, once you reach the other side. You are then required to swim back, pick them up, and return them to shore and find a different way to get them across.

This also occurs with mounts following you if you are dismounted.

[Hypothesis]
This may be due to animals lacking swim animations, and then being unable to execute any further movement or actions afterward due to attempting to swim and being unable to find the necessary animation.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Order an elephant to follow you.
  2. Go to the main large river, dam, large lake, etc and attempt to swim across.
  3. Observe the elephant gets stuck in water and cannot follow/teleport to you once you make landfall. It also ignores the tactical follower commands (go/stop).
  4. Swim back. Observe elephant stuck in water and requires pickup(guard pickup/placement) on land.
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 with other animals.
  6. Repeat steps 1-4 with a mount that is following you while dismounted from it.
  7. Repeat steps 1-4 with humanoid followers. Observe that they swim and do not get stuck.

I had this problem as well but with a twist, the horse did not have to swim but was knee deep in water. I had previously made the jump of faith (while not on hose) into the water from the bridge above. The horse
ported to me afterwards. I walked trough the base and then down the river as you can see i am well out of porting range. image
As you can see the follower tab showed the horse as following

And this is how it looked at me when i came asking what was up!

Hey @Eudas

Welcome to our community and thanks for the feedback.
We’ve relayed it to our team along with @Blyker’s extra information.

1 Like

I’m on PS4 and it happens as well. I’ve also noticed human followers getting stuck at various times. I think some of it is due to the followers update. It feels a bit buggy, particularly when engaging in combat.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.