I’ve seen a lot of anger and complains about DLC items being thrash, not being able to craft flawless variants, not balanced, etc etc. The current system is just overcomplicated and has lots of issues now and will complicate future DLC as well.
Current DLC issues:
- Cant craft flawless weapon/armor variants because T4 Thralls for those are not in game.
- Weapon and armor stats are not balanced. Same tier weapons outperform Khitan weapons (starmetal).
- Lategame weapons (armors) are way superior. Nobody will use DLC cosmetics for pvp.
Can we think how to fix this and future DLC? I came with some ideas that might bring balance to the force.
- Add a “skin” option (similar as Dye) for weapons and armors were you can pick what DLC skin use for any weapon. Stats should remain the same as the weapon/armor using the skin. (no stats! just cosmetics, remember?)
Limit armor skins for those that have similar temperature resist so it doesnt break immersion.
Another idea (possibly better and simple one):
- Make an item (“Appearance kits”) that consumes a starmetal/iron weapon and gives you the equivalent Khitan weapon (including Flawless variants). Appearance kit should work similar as weapon/armor upgrade items.
Of course, Khitan weapon stats should be equal to those weapons consumed!.
Example: You craft a “Khitan apperarance kit” on your blacksmith, if you use it on a Starmetal Sword, this one is consumed and you get a “Khitan Jian Sword”. If you try to use this kit on a non applicable item you will get a message telling you so.
As for armors, you can do the same by using the Exile, Raider or Vanir armors as the required items to be “consumed” by the Appearance Kits in such a way they fit with the tier and stats.
Of course any idea will take time for Funcom to consider, test and implement it. What are your thoughts? Did you expect such a mess with DLC?