Do I suck or is it something else?

You might be right. I think Warrior Mutator boosts it to 50. Which doesn’t sound like much. But when combined with Agility bonuses and such, it was the only way to hit over 90% DR. Going from 85% to 90% doesn’t sound like a big jump. But a 30 dmg attack to 85% is 20 to 90% and it adds up, especially against some of the creature capable of 750+ dmg hits added by some other mods.

But this is getting a bit off tangent. In either case it should be 50 at least, or maybe even +3-5% or something other than just 15.

1 Like

It should be % or another effect
Warrior mutator boosts this as well as str 50 perk and survival 50 perk. All these changes are nice.
You need around 2.250 armor to reach 90% dmg reduction. It’s impossible to have this amount of armor on vanilla.

until you are 60,

Stats should be

40+
and only use daggers. the bleed is broken. youll level up quick, then retat to

20(less if you dont have the stats)
and use whatever weapon you like.

I find fighting much more difficult with the new healing. I’ve adjusted my fighting style accordingly (this is pve). I have always used dodge alot, however where I used to use shield and axe for almost all enemies, I now change things up. For instance against cats and wolves I now use the two handed sword, alligators I use daggers, rocknoses: two handed hammers. I always carry an assortment of weapons so I start stacking my encumberance and agilty right away. Learn to dodge effectively because it seems to me enemies will walk right through your attacks now where before the axe would knock them back.

Yes the new healing sux, like everything else FUncom does, you have to grin and bare it, or leave.

The wanderer’s build. This is the other one I use as light build and actually more fun then Item depandent tin can turtle guy.

This also works nice even with the lower tier items (even basic ones) which is great because death doesnt only come with hardcore pvp or pve boss fights but it also comes with heavy lag/freeze at times and equipment can be far away or lost to relog in or restart. Itr happens.

10 survival>10 encumbrance>10 vitality>10 grit>20 vitality>20 agility>20 grit>20strength>20 encumbrance>30 Vitality>30 Agility>30 Strength>40 vitality>Optional attributes you wish to raise.

With this one I usually use Pike, for groups Two handed sword. I wear light leather even coarse, I try to pick target by bow. I also carry stone tolls, aloe, food and five waterskins. Compared to pure item dependant build I also used this set is actually OP, becasue he can perform fair enough even without high tier items. Other character set is more like soft meat inside a hard shell. Nothing without the high tier items.

I like the new healing system, I just think it needs fleshed out some more. It will never be the way I hope it will be since half the people who write on these forums thinks solo play is so easy. The game can be easy but it’s just not how I like to play. Funcom always want me to adapt to somebody else’s playstyle and for me that is not enjoyable. So yes, pretty much take it or leave it.

The game becomes easy if the player keeps building and crafting and then, the higher tier items makes the player very powerfull, automatically. If there meants to be a balance, this type of player should have been depandent on their friends and thralls and pets but would be weaker at other areas. Meanwhile, this is not the case.

Other type of player will choose to wander, adventure, explore and fight. He may choose to build small camps and craft for his needs at times but would never craft and grow the facilites continiously. This should have made the second type of player stronger then the first type , at adventuring, fighting and survival. Alas, it does not. Which is ridiclous.

This is the true dilemma at this game and draws the players off the game after playing it sometime. The biggest problem at hand is this and the major lag issue ; which causes more deaths then fights and survival aspect of the game.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.