Strength, vitality, and endurance?

Hi all!

Back in May I made a thread asking about stats in off line single player mode, and I was advised by several people to invest in only strength, vitality and endurance.

The game has changed a bit with patches since then, and I was wondering if a melee character should still stick with those 3 stats, or has game changes since May changed this?

This is a melee character in off line single player mode.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

hi, im offline solo too (with some mods),
there is an Dafari Mystery Meat soup, which can give you a few Survival points (for about an hour i think) and later also some buffs to a few survival points…

what i did so far (my character is about level 45) is to put several points into Survival, (just a few before the 1st unlock) and this way, whenever i eat a Mystery soup, i automatically gain the ability to eat any food without needing to get food poisoning or having to cook it. (depending on how much you farm and how much food you have, having the ability to quickly eat anything to heal is pretty good i think) :slight_smile:

It’s so easy to change your stat allocation with yellow lotus potions that you should consider trying different stat combinations yourself and see what you like or what works best.

Yes, agree with trying different things.
But I play SP and don’t ever use a bow. I consider attributes in this order:
Vitality at 3 points shy of 30. Drink a vitality potion for a long period of level 30 vitality.
Encumbrance at 12 points shy of max. Wear epic encumbrance armor and drink an encumbrance potion to get full max carry.
Strength at 12 points shy of 40 (the second from max level. I think that’s forty) Wear epic strength armor and drink strength potion to reach level 40 and get the Heavy Hit perk
Survival at 30 for faster resource gathering. You could reduce by three and drink the survival potion or eat the survival food when you are harvesting. I should look into that.
Grit with as many points as you can with what is left. Drink Derketo/grit potion for plus 3. You should have unlimited numbers of these.

The only reason I can think of to give any points to Accuracy is if you use the bow, and for Agility if you wish to be “thiefy” with the double-jump and other movement enhancements, that I don’t find too useful in PVE as a Melee or tank player.

Of couse, in PVP this would be terrible, but I find that the encumbrance stat at max makes for the most enjoyable play for me. I will occasionally switch to max strength/grit/ and half in Agility, for a particularly tough fight.
And also, I am level 60 with access to all epic armors as well as all of the potions so this setup is viable for me. I use the two handed sword from the Black Keep almost exclusively.

Thanks everyone!

[quote=“PastorVor, post:4, topic:39576, full:true”]

The only reason I can think of to give any points to Accuracy is if you use the bow, and for Agility if you wish to be “thiefy” with the double-jump and other movement enhancements, that I don’t find too useful in PVE as a Melee or tank player.[/quote]

Agility is important for tanking. Not for the armor increase, but for the 4th perk, which turns your heavy armor into medium armor, so you can dodge and roll.

My Tankiest build has me fully buffed with 40str, 40 agility and 35 vitality. When i need to fall back and heal I swap from Axe of the Lion or Aja’s Bane to the Whightblade and swap to 35str, 40agility and 40 vitality, pop some heals, get back to full health and swap to the +5 str weapon again.

is it just me, or does Accuracy also affect whether your tool (such as a pickaxe) connects with the stone/resource node you are trying to hit?

maybe i didnt get too close, but from time to time, what should impact against a rock, doesnt seem to connect, but after a few swings it does, then misses and then hits. (the low rocks i can get by hitting crouch just after swinging though, but it always stands me up again after each swing)

I play PVE wich is kinde like single player. I am using two stat sets:
1 Battle: I use Silent legion with 2 pieces aquilonian (helmet and legs). The stats i go after are
Strength 40 for Brutal strikes (i play with 2 handed swords)
Agility 10 for running,
Vitality 30 for regen
Grit 10 for climbing
Encumbrance the rest for carry weight and the weight of the armor im wearing.
With this i do not have a problem killing any of the dungeons and bosses solo (well i got some problem with the rhino)

2 Carry and harvest
Strength the rest
Agility 10 for running
Vitality 30 for regen
Grit 10 for climbing
Encumbrance 50 for carrying while encumbred
Survival 20 for mining/harvesting

If i need to go harvest animals i take survival to 30 while keeping Encumbrance at 50 and vitality at 30.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.