Dodging Activates Target Lock

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: USA

Dodging a NPC while under reticle activates target lock. To clear target lock dodge again with same NPC under reticle

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Engage a NPC
  2. Dodge while said NPC is under reticle
  3. Combat has to be initiated

It happens to me, too on PC officials / EU.

On the odd occurrence, have you checked your keybindings lately? Shown below are both dodge and toggle target lock; could there be a conflict?

Regards

jim

I have cleared bindings for target on both the gamepad and keyboard

if you hold block and tap dodge you can consistently target and untarget

and don’t get me started on the blocking in this game. jesus what garbage

and now with the combat changes that have been made you can’t dodge ■■■■. just came out of a dungeon that has me ready to just quit

Hey, sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I’m just another player, but I also play on console and use a controller with my PC from time to time. The new roll takes some getting used to, but if you have the stamina you can chain rolls for effective escapes. It requires a little more AGI and some buffs to GRT.

In Settings under Gameplay, have a look at:

• Controller Style Movement
  • Rotatable Stationary Camera
  • Allow First Person Camera in Combat
  • Enable Auto Facing on Attack

Any of these can conspire against normal movement, especially with an overactive Target Lock. On PC, inadvertent target lock toggling always happens to me when a target is nearby and I’m switching from 1st Person to 3rd Person Camera.

Sry, but i don´t really understand o.O
What do you mean by “overactive target lock”?

Are you saying that if some of the features in the list are activated, then targetlock can be activated while dodging? Does it have to be all or only some?

I was answering @Logan67’s consternation at the control mechanism. If he was willing to wipe his bindings, I thought he should have a look at those other settings. :slight_smile:

Given, target lock toggles when I don’t want it to. If I have some of these settings activated, the inadvertent toggling of target lock can make playing even harder. Especially with a gamepad.

yea all that crap is off. I can consistently target and untarget with dodge once combat is initiated

Well thank you for answering anyway. I was hoping maybe there was a workaround or anything. So it seems like we will have to deal with it until it gets fixed…

1 Like

Really need to restore the original dodge roll speed and distance imo as well as fixing this dodge/target bug

The other day I noticed that using the mouse wheel to zoom in / out was also engaging the target lock, as if I had hit the ‘Q’ key. This was also sending me into the first-person view, as if I used the ‘P’ default key. I was intending to either hide my follower from entering my field of view while moving, or switch to first person to more accurately line up and object to be placed into the world, when choosing to use the mouse wheel.

Even climbing activates target lock. That’s the most annoying case of them all.

I found the problem. Apparently there was an issue when I cleared the bindings for target and dodge. Even though the bindings were cleared I was still able to dodge and target with the bindings cleared. I restored the default bindings and when I remapped the keys this time the problem was gone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.