Does anyone's hand swell from using a mouse or keyboard too long

Every now and then one or both my hands will swell and burn and itch from using a mouse too long from playing. I have to put calamine lotion on and stay off the computer for a few days and it goes away.
My question, does this happen to you and what do you do about it.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve had skin irritation, but I have had sore wrists from it before. A wrist brace is a bit clunky, but helps with that

If you’re having solely skin issues, I would recommend either some comfortable gloves, or looking at a new mouse and keyboard made of a different material. You may have an allergy to something in the plastic

2 Likes

Ya I ordered some white cotton gloves gonna try that when they come in.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hopefully they help. I’d check with a doctor on it as well to be safe, to see if it is an allergy or if you’re developing some sort of skin condition like eczema

3 Likes

I am on ps4 left wrist bothering off and on drilling damage. Coworker with RH had a prescription I found it had just hit the stores without a script Voltaren doesn’t smell bad or burn. Amazon Walgreens probably any place now. Don’t know about itching. I have found if I use sleep aids with diphenhydramine to often I itch all night. Great for allergies too much want to scratch my face off

1 Like

Not swell but sometimes, it go dormant, i work on IT and when i go home i play most of my free time, so i use keyboard and mouse a lot. When i feel my wrist getting domant i take a break, make some exercises, and correct my posture, some times the wrong posture causes the problems to my arms. Adjust the chair to a good height to the wrists dont need tho get flexioned. After a few minutes things normalize. But if you are feelling it with much frequency better see the doctor. Hope you get well soon.

2 Likes

the price for being a barbarian

1 Like

Yeah it happens depending on how log u play also as you move the mouse you drag your wrist this the itch and irritating skin I put a soft cloth or rag and fold it a few times so my wrist is prop up for keyboards I don’t have much help as most of my pc games are large scale rts thus I use mouse 99% over keyboard but with CE it’s different

1 Like

I was about to say this, it could be some form of contact dermatitis:

3 Likes

Ya thats it thats my problem exactly thanks.

Just out of curiosity, do you use a roccat mouse?

No I use a Logitech G Pro wireless mouse. I also just changed to a wired mouse thinking the wireless might also be causing the problem.

Have you been diagnosed with a latex allergy? It can show up at any time in life. Mouse pads and wrist rests are commonly made of brand-name neoprene which includes latex rubber.

Are you using hand sanitizer with some regularity? A lot of the allergens that may affect you can become quite solute in ethanol, and be dispersed further. Be careful with your eyes, nose and mouth if you use sanitizer regularly.

Suggestions would be to stop using wrist rest and mouse pad. Wipe your working desktop area down with a paper towel dabbed in rubbing alcohol, or other alcohol-based cleanser agent if possible.

If you are reliant on a wrist rest, try this tournament trick: do you have a Buff like the contestants on Survivor? Wrap it twice onto your wrist, and it’s a perfect elevated cushion for mousing. Be well, glad you’re taking this seriously.

1 Like

Thanks I’m gonna try cotton gloves.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.