Dogs of the Desert camps - not refilling with NPCs after kill / capture all

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [Single-player]
Region: [UK]

After building a base above the boss crocodile’s pool below the tower where the guy teaches you Set religion (middle-ish part of central desert on south edge of Savannah), I raided and plundered the 4 Dogs of the Desert bases that surround my base, including capturing quite a few thralls.

Then the Mounts update arrived.

Now, none of the Dogs camps regenerate NPCs and all of their camps are empty. The wildlife respawns fine … hyenas, salamanders, tigers, antelope, kudos, elephants, crocodiles, spiders, etc. … but none of the humans are respawning.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Raid one of the central desert Dogs of the Desert camps.
  2. Murder or capture everyone in the camp (harvest their corpses for skins with a skinning knife)
  3. Return next day to find camp still deserted, but animals in the area have respawned.
  4. Try it again for several days in a row then post it in the forums.

Do you use mods?

It is happening both with and without mods in use.

It’s a single player issue. Warp away using admin port to somewhere far out of render range, then come back.

1 Like

OK thanks - I’ll give it a try

Seems to have done the trick Multigun - many thanks.

My affected base is in F7 on the map - I had to teleport all the way down to the coast near the Derketto place before it fixed the issue. Even then it was slow to reload the NPCs in the villages around me - took over 90 seconds after returning from the coast before the first NPC spawned in.

One other thing that I’d done (unlikely to be affecting it but worth mentioning) - I’d adjusted the FOV in settings, so I put it back to 60-degree horizontal FOV. I also dropped the max frame rate from unlimited down to 60 fps (fits better with my streaming and recording settings at 60 fps anyway) … my GPU is a GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 so it’s not like it couldn’t handle unlimited fps, but better safe than sorry and there’s no perceptible difference on screen to me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.