Durability Loss from using Kits - Bug or Intended?

Game mode: Online Public
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: America

It doesn’t matter if its Armor, Weapons or Tools, anytime I use any sort of kits, (Plating, Damage, whatever), I lose nearly half my durability from what ever I’ve put the Kit on.

I hope this is a bug and is not intended. :frowning:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Make Kit, any Kits
  2. Place on Item
  3. Durability Loss
  4. Sadface

yes, intended. Kits reduce durability by 25% since they got released. Except reinforcement kits that increase durability by 50/100/150.

1 Like

As Estha pointed out, this is how kits work. Most of the kits reduce by 25%, Master Weapon Fitting reduces by 50%. They are working as intended.

2 Likes

I wish that were true; the OP has a valid point. I heard this rumor a while back, but never had a chance to test it. Of the three items tested, two exhibited a 25% durability loss (SM skinning knife and Szeth’s, single player/modless).

Then I got to Axe of the Lion and an Advanced Weapon Damage mod and found this:
image image

A 33% durability loss.

Extensive testing or datamining seems appropriate since the loss is different for various equipments and kits.

I cry. Sincerely hoping, probably in vain, that it’s a bug.

Regards

jim

1 Like

The formula for damage kits is a bit different, for example the one for advanced damage kit is as follows: (Max Durability - 150) * 0.75.

The full version is actually: (Max Durability - 50*3) * 0.75, where *3 is due to the advanced damage kit being listed as T3 damage kit. Weapon and Simple Weapon are respectively T2 and T1.

1 Like

Which seems to be reflected here already.

Good find, Narelle. Relieved, but still sad, since it was -25% some time ago.

Regards

jim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.