Game mode: Online Private (No Mods)
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: North America
It seems clear that the game is trying to restrict the spawn of Siege Elder Things to a narrow strip around the physical boundary of a the building pieces of a base. However, that strip overlaps somewhat (by what appears to be exactly 1 foundation) with the base itself, allowing mobs to occasionally spawn inside the outer edge of the base or on the roof of the base.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Configure your server so that the value of MinimumBuildingSizeTo BeSieged is 50.
- Configure your server so that the value of MinimumStormDamageBuildingPieces is 1000.
- Place a 10 X 10 pad of T3 foundations.
- Place T3 walls around the perimeter of the pad, plus at least one T3 door frame piece so you can get inside.
- Build a complete roof for the pad with T3 sloped roof, T3 sloped roof corner and T3 rooftop cap pieces, adding T3 pillars and T3 ceiling tiles where necessary for support.
- Wait for the maelstrom to start.
- While the maelstrom is active, Elder Siege Things will spawn and attempt to attack the base.
- Most of the time, the Elder Siege Things will spawn on the ground adjacent to the pad.
- Occasionally, Elder Siege Things will spawn inside the base, but always on a foundation immediately adjacent to the external wall.
- Even more rarely, an elder siege thing will spawn on the roof, but again, always on a rooftop piece adjacent to the external wall.