Elder Siege Mobs Spawn In Places That They Should Not

Game mode: Online Private (No Mods)
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: North America

It seems clear that the game is trying to restrict the spawn of Siege Elder Things to a narrow strip around the physical boundary of a the building pieces of a base. However, that strip overlaps somewhat (by what appears to be exactly 1 foundation) with the base itself, allowing mobs to occasionally spawn inside the outer edge of the base or on the roof of the base.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Configure your server so that the value of MinimumBuildingSizeTo BeSieged is 50.
  2. Configure your server so that the value of MinimumStormDamageBuildingPieces is 1000.
  3. Place a 10 X 10 pad of T3 foundations.
  4. Place T3 walls around the perimeter of the pad, plus at least one T3 door frame piece so you can get inside.
  5. Build a complete roof for the pad with T3 sloped roof, T3 sloped roof corner and T3 rooftop cap pieces, adding T3 pillars and T3 ceiling tiles where necessary for support.
  6. Wait for the maelstrom to start.
  7. While the maelstrom is active, Elder Siege Things will spawn and attempt to attack the base.
  8. Most of the time, the Elder Siege Things will spawn on the ground adjacent to the pad.
  9. Occasionally, Elder Siege Things will spawn inside the base, but always on a foundation immediately adjacent to the external wall.
  10. Even more rarely, an elder siege thing will spawn on the roof, but again, always on a rooftop piece adjacent to the external wall.
1 Like

Hey @helium3

Building near the Maelstrom and spawn points of Siege Elder monsters is considered a risk-reward trade off. We would generally advise against building nearby those locations or be prepared for their naughty elder siege habits.
That being said, we’ll relay this information to our team to see if there might be an issue beyond that.

1 Like

Thanks Ignasis. One thing I forgot to add is that the behavior I witnessed sometimes results in Siege Elder Things spawning inside foundations or inside areas completely enclosed by building pieces that players or thralls cannot get into.

1 Like

Have you tried if possible place foundations but instead of all foundations place like tic tack tow and put spikes the three stick version then cover them over in ceilings tiles and my help kill them off with bleed

Ps think of the bright side at least siege mobs didn’t spawn in your pants

Watch out folks I got to do the mobs in my pants dance

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.