ESC no longer exits chat prompt

*Game mode: Online private | Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

Hitting ESC no longer exits out of or deselects the chat prompt. Keyboard will not respond until out of the chat prompt, rendering all inputs into the chat prompt. This causes me to get stuck when an AI spawns on my head. The only way to exit chat prompt is to hit ENTER, and sometimes I am either not finished typing; or I can’t be bothered to send my chat into global, local, clan, wherever; or I need to respond to that AI quickly and want to ditch what I’ve been typing. This has been tested with and without Pippi Mod. Result is the same.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Hit ENTER (by mistake or intentionally.)
  2. Hit ESC. Nothing happens. Chat prompt still live, rendering keyboard inputs into chat.
  3. Panic briefly, or get annoyed. Or both!
  4. Hit ENTER to exit out (but not after holding down the delete key to delete your dissertation on why someone on the internet is wrong, thus wasting more time to your own detriment.)
2 Likes

Hey there @industry13

Thanks for the heads-up, we’re sending it to our team so they can look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.