F-keys don't work anymore?

Game mode: Online official | Online private | Online Co-op
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

Some kind of weird bug there.
I use a mod for which the control panel should open by pressing ctrl + F7.

==> In single player offline mode : no problem
==> In “online” co-op mode : panel doesn’t open
==> On private server (again with no mod but that one) : panel doesn’t open.

So I thought this was about the mod. But then I tried without any mod, to use the Steam keybind for screenshots (F12) in the same scenarii and…

==> In single player offline mode : screen taken
==> In “online” co-op mode : no screen taken
==> On private server (again with no mod but that one) : no screen taken

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. bind something to a F-key
  2. log to a server
  3. see the F-key refuse to work

Personally, I can’t help you, so this is mostly support.

There are multiple commands that are not being stored within your Saved games folder. The list has been expanding and it may be the source of your problem. Also, they behave differently under different ‘server’ types, single, coop and dedicated (I do not play officials).

What I had to do is modify the input.ini to accept and keep the keystrokes I absolutely had to have. Please understand this is on testlive, not live. You can try this, at your own risk as a workaround to this bug:
Within Saved follow this path to input.ini: Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Investigate the contents after making a backup of the file and follow the syntax of other, standard keyboard inputs to address the keybinds you absolutely need.

Be aware, unlike other files, that this folder is not replaced when doing a local file verification or on a major update.

Best of luck, and regards

jim

1 Like

Thanks Jim :slight_smile:
Unfortunately none of the function keys are bind acc to this file and as the shortcut for steam screenshots e.g. is not part of the game config… I can’t force a keybind for that kind of function in this Input.ini.

But I’ll keep searching :male_detective:

You are correct, @Thal and I was speaking of keybinds in general, not specifically screenshots via F12.

Steam controls screenshots, buth the manner of taking them and storage folder and it’s configurable in their interface. See the following for where, within settings, Steam allows you to set that and confirm or dispute that F12 is set, please. We can go from there :slight_smile:

Regards

jim

Exactly, and this is where my trouble begins… In Steam parameters the F12 key is bind to capture screenshot function… works in solo offline mode… and stop from working as soon as I play an online version of the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

For that specific input (stem screenshots) it’s no big trouble as I can bind the function somewhere else ( like a Num pad key and this is working with any version of CE).

For mods using a F-X key as bind to open the menu, it’s a bit more complicated !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.