Platform: PC
Storefront: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: N/A
Server Type: N/A
Server Name: N/A
Mods: none

Bug Description:

Game crashes with Fatal Error while loading the main menu / connecting to Funcom Live Services.

Bug Reproduction:

From Steam, press Play; from funcom launcher, press launch; game crashes at main menu while trying to connect to FLS

Error message is:

Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000008

!0x0000000000000000

I have verified and reverified local files, I have downloaded and updated to latest visual studios redistributables, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it makes no difference. Every time it gets to the main menu and starts trying to automatically connect to the Funcom Live Services it crashes with the fatal error.

When I disconnect my PC from the internet and load from Steam in Offline Mode, there is no crash. However, it just gives a “Failed to Login” message and won’t even allow me to play single player offline. This was not the case prior to the 3.0 update as I exclusively played single player, often offline and without issue.

Loading the game from Steam Offline Mode while the PC is actually connected to the internet results in the same Fatal Error crash while connecting to FLS.

Update!

I found a workaround for the crash!

1. disconnect from the internet
  2. start Conan and wait until it gives an error about failing to login at the main menu
  3. reconnect to the internet
  4. startup a game and let Conan try connecting to FLS again, which now works fine
  5. Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations

This is repeatable. It still crashes every time with a Fatal Error if the internet is online when the game starts, but if forced to wait from lack of internet it will work on the second try. Bit of a pain, but at least it’s playable.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.