Fatal Error since update. Can't play game. No mods

Since the update of Sorcery 3 my game doesn’t work anymore. I get a “Fatal Error UE4-ConanSandbox has crashed and will…” message. If I don’t touch it, the game works for a good hot 3 minutes. I can log into any server and play, then it shuts down.

I cleaned the modlist and unmodded the game, validated my game twice, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, checked my Nvidea drivers, Windows Updates, installed extra Visual CC+, did a SFC check and a DISM health check. Nada… Nothing I can find to fix this. It was working perfectly pre the update.

Any ideas?

Basic Info:

Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: Doesn’t apply
Map: =MAP=
Server Name: Doesn’t apply
Mods: None.

Bug Description:
Fatal Error. UE4-ConanSandbox has crashed and will…

Bug Reproduction:
Install and start the game after update Sorcery 3.

Post your log please.

1. Right-click the game in Steam → Manage → Browse local files. This will open the installation folder
  2. Navigate to ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs\
  3. Grab the ConanSandbox.log right after a crash or the corresponding older timestamped log with the crash (it gets cleared if you restart the game and saved as a timestamped backup instead)
  4. Upload it here with the Upload button:

Thank you very much for the reply. Here it is > ConanSandbox.log (31.2 KB)

Does that help?

I did some searching on the error messages and the only solution I found was to reinstall the OS, which I did today. The game is working again. I have absolutely no idea what went wrong, I hadn’t touched the game in a few weeks and changed absolutely 0 on my pc, apart from a Nvidea and Windows 11 update. Strange, but glad it works again.

Sorry, I didn’t have time to reply yesterday.
In any case your log was strange as it clearly showed that you were closing the game already and it crashed during that without much information.

However I’m glad that you managed to solve it with a reinstall.

No worries! :slight_smile:

Oh yes, I clicked the OK button on the crash report the last time before I send you the log. The times before I waited and shoved the notification to the side, it shut down on its own after a few min anyway. No additional messages.

Would this help with me as well I also keep receiving the fatel error msg and I have no mods reinstall both game battel eye and verify the files

It will entirely depend on the cause of it, since those fatal errors can be caused by a huge number of different things.

You could post your log as well if you want and I’ll take a look at it, though quite often they don’t have any useful indicators in them, but sometimes they do.

im a new user it wont allow me to upload

You can just open a few random threads on the forum and scroll to the bottom to “read” them and your trust level will automatically be upgraded after a couple, it’s just a spam protection thing.

ConanSandbox-backup-2023.03.28-13.01.36.log (14.3 KB)

not sure if this will show or?

any luck?

Sadly not much info in there.
What you could try is temporarily unplugging your external display dongle and see if that changes anything. Ideally it shouldn’t since - at least according to the logs - the game isn’t trying to use that one, but you never know… drivers might interfere.

Aside from that, not much to look at there since your game crashes in the very early stages before it could even load.
Same thing applies though, if you haven’t already, update your display drivers with the latest version from Nvidia.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.