Feature Suggestion: Seamless travel between Exiled Lands and Isle of Siptah

You have no idea how I think about this or how I play. You think you know that its doable, fine. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Fair enough! And I do apologize for assuming, you merely came across a bit unnecessarily hostile from the start.
No hard feelings thou - I hope, have a nice one!

Also, I think I made the mistake of trying to go into technicalities to begin with and brainstorming on how it could be done the easiest etc, which was taking away from the topic and the suggestion itself…

The suggestion is pretty much to: make it so that people can travel back and forth between the Exiled Lands and the Isle of Siptah as if it was part of the same game, through the use of an ingame ship or portal device etc, ON the same server.
(without logging out to the main menu or any server transfers being involved, but potentially with the possibility of enabling / disabling this feature per server as to not upset the balance or force the choice on already established servers increasing their hardware requirements etc)

And let’s leave it up to the developers whether it’s possible or not and how they go about doing it if they choose to do it instead of speculating ourselves :slight_smile: Which pretty much means we can focus on the actual discussion… whether we’d like this feature or not, if yes then why if no then why, without trying to speculate on technical limitations why the devs could or couldn’t do it. I hope that’s fair enough now.

It’s a great suggestion that a lot of us would like to see, even if its possible or not. The tech stuff is far out of my realm.

We discussed this in a post way back. My suggestion was a sea port not far off pirate cove. Kind of like a chartered trade ship or something. Maybe with a condition like payment or being a member of the crew etc. I imagine it won’t happen ever because it’s too difficult to make.

1 Like

When Siptah was announced as a new map, my original hope was that it would make use of the ‘end game’ mechanic.

In EL: gather the parts and remove the bracelet. Cutscene runs with walk out of the EL as normal. And with option to head overland (end game) or board a ship for home (contine). Cutscene for Siptah runs and player character awakens on the beach following the storm.

In Siptah: Gather materials and relics from the vaults. flight to the top of the tower during the maelstrom. use the relics, causing the maelstrom to collapse and a surge to begin. incidental portals open all across the island, but the one the player cares about is at the top of the towers. End game option spawns cutscene off player getting home. Continue option has tentacles grab the character and toss them into another portal. character awakens at the start of EL in the desert.

In both cases, start over gathering materials, though character retains skills and levels earned.

Then, once it launched, I thought the wild surge could have been a way for players to transfer to Siptah with Leyshrines a means to transfer back to EL. In either case, only with what the character could carry with them without exceeding base weight limits.

Then wild surge got removed and the maelstrom neutered. A server transfer option was implemented that was at the same time more and less what I had hoped. It failed badly. Development shifted to the oft demanded magic for conan players.

While i’d love an option to essentially easily to move from map to map without losing gear, thralls and pets, etc. I believe it should be only unrestricted on solo, optional for private servers, and not available on public servers.

Kinda like what has already been offered by the mod community. A mod that makes it optional on the private servers.

1 Like

We are on a modded server system and has linked all three maps together (savage wilds being the third).
sure is fun, tho you die every time you transfer.

Thats why the idea to bound EL server to Siptah server seems not too bad, someone did suggested a long time ago, before implementation of transfers. To be more clear I mean that each Siptah server would have an own EL server. In the past that idea was cool. But lore wise it doesnt fit sadly.

If we were looking at it from a lore perspective you could allow the transfer after you remove the bracelet in EL.

1 Like

Did you read how exactly your journey starts on the Siptah map?

I did and they can adjust the lore for the benefit of gameplay.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.