Film or series to watch for Conan Exiles fans?

Apocalypto is great, 300 is not very Sword and Sorcery, more like sword and sandals kind of think, put it is cool.

Aside from those (and the ones already suggested I’m not sure what else really fits what you’re looking for)

Black Death and Solomon Kane are more dark age sword and sorcery

Brotherhood of the Wolf is kinda Victorian era sword and sorcery (though it’s really good)

Army of Darkness is slapstick sword and sorcery

Cannibal Holocaust isn’t really sword and sorcery and it’s set in the 1970s but it has all the other elements you’re looking for.

1 Like

Black death and Solomon Kane I have. Brotherhood of the wolf is great. Cannibal Holocaust is probably one of the worst movies I’ve seen :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never seen Army of darkness though

Cannibal Holocaust definitely isn’t for everyone.

Army of Darkness is the 3rd film in the Evil Dead trilogy and it’s pretty ridiculous but also freaking amazing.

2 Likes

I love Fire and Ice, great movie. Here’s another one like it:

• Wizards - Ralph Bakshi (1977)

Honestly people are already mentioning ones I would have mentioned, but if you get a chance, see the relatively new movie Alpha (2018). I was surprised that I couldn’t stop drawing parallels to ancient Hyboria despite it not being about fictional civilizations and more about small tribes (think the Zuagir tribe of Shem or the Kozaks from the Vilayet)

1 Like

Awesome! I haven’t seen that one.

Pay what?

Army of darknes had amaising effects when it came what i remember. Almost like avatar when that came.

Rednails animated adaptation:

It’s been in development hell since 2010

Red Sonja would be a good fit. Even had Arnold Schwarzenegger.

2 Likes

God it :frowning: It’s a shame that we don’t have sword and sorcery new movies.

Yes it is. Was dating my wife when the first Conan movie came out damn long time ago. Lol

Aye, it requires a specific frame of mind to enjoy it, but if you can manage it it’s very enjoyable indeed.

It was even thought that Arnie’s character in the movie was - perhaps - Conan, using one of his many aliases. I can’t remember if there’s any canon response to that, probably that he isn’t - might be a licensing issue - but one’s head-canon will certainly allow for it.

Too true. It’s a genre that could do with a revival!

in last 20 years there wasnt almost any good movie, and i dont talk just about SaS,

just w8 for next marvel movie where conan fall in lowe with spiderman /to be enought progresive movie/ and together they save profesor x from cpt. USA…

rip film industry

1 Like

I’d love to see a Conan movie made by Guillermo Del Toro or even Peter Jackson.

Also I think Jason Momoa could still be a great Conan with good writing/direction, though I bet he’d probably be very tentative to the prospect.

2 Likes

I like to see Arnie play the aging Conan.

1 Like

How about that one? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

For shame!

Ich denk ja garnicht dran! :grin:

Lol! Already have it :stuck_out_tongue: It’s grrrrreat!