First Person view for Tools and equipment

Continuing the discussion from This Little Light of Mine:

Game mode: Online official & Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE
Region: NA
Hardware: PS4 (original flavour)

Bug Description:

I am unable to use any tool in first person mode. The character immediately switches to third person upon equipment of the tools.

I think the option was removed due to that thing that shall remain unmentioned but, can we please this back?

I now have limited time so, farming resources in First person, to work on my base a bit at time, will make this task more enjoyable.

Expected Behavior:

I expected to use my tools in first person mode for immersion and enjoyment of the game.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Switch to first person
  2. Equip a tool
  3. Character switches to third person automatically and can’t switch back.
6 Likes

I can’t seem to do anything in first person except walk and duck. I’ve seen old footage from well before I played of people using weapons and tools in first person and would love to see that added back in if it’s possible.

More games need to support 1st/3rd POV switching.

6 Likes

It will also switch to 3rd person if you do an attack without a wappon or tool. Just for the second of the fistpunsh.

3 Likes

It’s a great feature for sure and each view has it’s purpose for game play.

1 Like

Well, you can use First Person when placing furniture and the like. That’s handy.:+1:

3 Likes

Browsing the 2.5 patchnotes…

Not sure if this means that the thing that shall remain unmentioned exploit has been fixed and we will get our third person back for tools?

3 Likes

Well, I downloaded Update 2.4.4/2.4.6 and the first person view still doesn’t work properly.

Now waiting on 2.5…

1 Like

I got some limited free time and started decorating my base, the First Person view was crucial for getting things “just right”, it would have been a waste of time otherwise.

4 Likes

I decided to go out “clubbing” and it just didn’t feel right to deliver the final gental sleep aid in third person, the experience felt a bit disconnected.

We are in business!

First person tools are now working, yay!

5 Likes

Man I am so glad this is back! Any idea if we are able to use a Torch in first-person view again, as we requested in @anon83039162 aforementioned thread? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I can confirm that the torch works!

Yes
Torch
Pick
Sickle
Skinning Knife
Cleaver

No
Repair Hammer
Hoar-Frost Hatchet
Bindings
Truncheon
Yog Cleaver

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.