Flickering screen

PS4
Official server
PvE

Everytime the game finally loads the game world, the screen goes nearly black and starts to flicker for at least 8-10 seconds. This has been happening for at least 4-6 months

2 Likes

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for your report. Can you share with us if this also occurs on single-player?

Would you be able to share a short video showing the issue in action?

We await your reply.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well when I log in.

Official PVE Server 3500

PlayStation 4
Hardwired high speed connection.

I do not play Single Player, so I cannot comment on that.

The easiest way for me to share a vid, is to do a Twitch stream, and send the link of that stream.
@Mayra
Would that be an acceptable way of sharing this information?
Would you prefer the link be posted here, or sent to you in a DM?

Thanks.

1 Like

I believe that this is happening after the update, not before! Actually I am sure about it :wink:. So make it 2 and a half months! But it’s true, it is happening on offical servers. On single player no! On private servers no! On exile lands maps, occasionally!
On Siptah map, every single time!

2 Likes

Greetings @Rollotomozi,

Thank you for reaching out as well. Please feel free to record the video on the platform you prefer and share the link with us. If turns out to be longer, we would also appreciate the timestamp when the issue starts.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Greetings-

I made a clip which shows me logging in and experiencing the shuttering screen on login.

This is a mild example of this behavior, it has lasted longer for me on other login attempts.

The clip is approximately 3 minutes long.

1 Like

Thank you for the video. We sent it over to our team for further investigation.

We might reach out to you again if we need any other details of this case.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

I uploaded two videos to my twitch channel today. One with a PS4 PVE official server login and one to a single player game. Surprisingly the single player login was clean. https://www.twitch.tv/blackbeard24

1 Like

Same thing here. PS4 PVE-C 3827. fwiw, I bought a PS5 two weeks ago. Loading times are now quicker and the game looks great but the flicker is unchanged. Always less than ten seconds. In the grand scheme of things I find this to be a minor nuisance.

Also, I have yet to freeze while casting a spell. I had put away my wand on PS4 because of freezing. From this I gather wand freezing was a client side problem that disappeared when I upgraded my client. Start up flickering seems to be server side. I’m no data/network guru so this represents my best guess.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.