Fluid Press doesn't turn hide into oil

Awesome, done thanks!

I am not sure if these times are still in effect as this web page was created prior to the official release, but this is good to know.

Uses
The burning ones (Plant Fiber, Branch, Wood, Coal) are used in various batiments, such as Campfire, Firebowl, Furnace, Bonfire, etc…

Bark is used in the Tannery to produce leather from hide, and in the Dryer to produce Dry Wood, dried meat etc.

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Fuel

Burn Time

• Oil burns for 48 seconds

• Dry Wood burns for 48 seconds

• Coal burns for 32 seconds

• Bark burns for 24 seconds

• Wood burns for 16 seconds

• Branch burns for 16 seconds

• Plant Fiber burns for 2 seconds

2 Likes

plant seeds do turn into oil i think you just need to hit the amount, i think it is 10 for me. I use the lowest grade fish to give the most oil and i cook the lowest grade shellfish for ichor.

1 Like

Also, for hides to create tar for days, simply farm human npcs since they now provide an abundance of hide when harvested with a skinning knife. I have 9k+ hides in storage from a couple of days of farming The Black Galleon for T4 thralls (with runs through the nearby Black Hand camps while waiting for repop). To get started before that, I occasionally ran through Darfari camps. However, I only use tar for steelfire and making wells and such.

And thanks to you, Namilla. I never thought to use oil as fuel (I may not still, but nice to know). My original base is on the river and I always put down 8 - 10 fish traps and have quite an abundance of oil, especially since I only use it with a couple of weapon upgrade type recipes in the Blacksmith. Of course, I have a high FuelBurnTimeMultiplier set in my serversettings.ini so the type matters little.

Hide is the not the issue for me. It is gathering bark. I never seem to have enough bark.

Throw coal into the fluid press to get tar. With a fish farm making oil you won’t need the coal you mine, and coal is much easier to get than bark.

WHAT? Where has that information been all this time? LOL

I know right, been playing the game since early last year and it never crossed my mind till I saw it on a CE wiki.

While playing last night with clan members I mentioned putting the coal into fluid press to get oil. One of the clan members said, “Oh yeah. I have been doing that for a while now.” My response was, “And you did not think to share that information with the rest of us?” LOL