Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: Custom
Note: Applies to testlive and live versions.
The foot-to-ground system works only for a few seconds, after a while the character stands partly in the air.
- Take the character to the place with the stones.
- Try to put one character’s foot on the stone, the other on the ground.
- Wait 5-10 seconds.
- The character jumps up. The feet are at one height - one of them is in the air.
- Wait another 5-10 seconds.
- Random idle animation is played. The feet behave as if they had a flat surface underneath.
- You need to move character to make feet touched the ground again, but this effect will last only a few seconds (see point three).
Note: There is a second bug that completely blocks the foot-to-ground system. I will present it when I collect more data. You can fix it by removing the bracelet (suicide), but the problem I am describing remains and the feet touch the ground for only a few seconds after the character stops.
Edit: I changed the last point of reproduce and added a note.
We’re aware of some issues with animation offsets and our team is looking into it.
Just in case there would be something that escapes us, could you provide a video or screenshot showcasing this visual issue if possible?
Thanks in advance.
I wrote back as soon I could .
- Character holding a weapon standing partly on the rock remains in position E without any problem.
- Character without a weapon standing partly on the rock ( pose: A )
- right leg is on a rock.
- left leg is on the ground.
- After a few seconds, character jumps to idle standing ( pose: B )
jumps to - is the cause of the problem.
- After another few seconds, character passes to idle animation ( random animation: C )
- after completing idle animation ( C ), the character passes to idle standing ( B )
- from now on, character performs alternately idle standing ( B ) and idle animation ( C ).
Note: After pressing any of the [W][S][A][D] or [Spacebar] buttons, character passes to the first point ( pose: A ) and repeats problem.
- When character takes a weapon from position B or C, passes and stays in pose D.
Note: After pressing any of the [W][S][A][D] or [Spacebar] buttons, character passes and stays in pose E.
Note: The problem is not only in single-player but also on official servers.
Suggestion: The simplest solution seems to be adding a condition to the code:
if ( feet are at a similar height )
use idle animations/standing
do not use idle animations/standing
If the problem is deeper, I can only keep my fingers crossed for you .
Thanks for the additional information @fito. Sending it to our team.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.