Forum Tutorials (and their badges)

Some folks have noticed forum badges relating to tutorials and wondered to themselves, or out loud, “Where do I get these wonderful badges?” Well, your wait is over. Here’s what you do:

• Message our friend @catbot (formerly discobot) with ‘start new user’ in the body (subject can be anything)
  • If you encounter anything you can’t do, such as the ‘flag’ section, just reply with ‘skip’ to continue
  • After receiving your certificate & badge reply with ‘start advanced user’ to learn even more forum features!
8 Likes

Hello! Send me a private message using the above instructions to learn more about these forums!

5 Likes

We don’t trust robots…can you turn into a Discocat?

3 Likes

I’ll send it up the line.

I’ll put in a vote for Discocat :wink:

Also, i really enjoyed the tutorial, and learned some new things:)

2 Likes

I want DiscoCat too :frowning: but yes thank you for this - I was actually very surprised to see that i was only 1 of 16 that had the “Giving it back” badge - you people have no heart!

2 Likes

I got stuck in the new user tutorial after the flag bit. I’m guessing that I’m not the only one as there are more members with the advanced badge than the new user one…

1 Like

Flagging the post only gives you the option to “send a message” and not just flagging it as “inappropriate” as it asks you to.
Type skip.

3 Likes

@Aeryl & Meta-Moth — You’re right. I’ve updated the post to include that specifically as something to skip.

i vote for discodog ! :dog2:

2 Likes

Clearly it should be called CatBot!

1 Like

Going with the disco theme, gotta just add in there “Discoduck”.

• DiscoCat
  • CatBot
  • DiscoDog
  • DiscoDuck

0 voters

This Multi-Choice Poll for suggestions to rename @discobot ends Noon Eastern Time 22 June 2018.

2 Likes

@FormlessBlackVoidI hope the renaming wasn’t forgotten. it’s important!

2 Likes

It is important.

1 Like

Hi @FormlessBlackVoid

I have a question. I am considering trying to earn my ‘Certified’ and ‘Licensed’ badges. However, if I do message catbot and undertake this task I am worried that ‘start new user’ will erase/reset all of my forum progress (ie-‘Regular’ status, badges, etc). Is this the case, or would my profile progress remain safe and untouched if I did them? I hope this makes sense.

How did you get that Regular status title?

I would guess it is like the trusted role on discord. An awarded role for major content creators. Than again I do miss some names in the list of regulars.
Maybe a mix with activity?

It’s not awarded. I had it for a bit before Conan forum became really active. You get it for visiting + reading most stuff + maybe posting once in a while. Quite a shame you need to read all sub-forums, considering we have really different games here. (if it’s awarded show me a person who removed it from me >:| )

Ah, found where I saw it: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced
1 Like

So getting that would mean reading the exiles forum too? ouchie!