Freeze only on singleplayer

Game mode: Single-player & Co-op mod
Type of issue: Freeze
Server type: PvP
Region: Local
Mods?: yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

After various minutes (that can be 20 minutes or more) of singleplayer or coop gaming mod to play alone, the game freeze (I use singleplayer to build some houses in god mod with flying).
The freeze come at random. I only use vanilla building block (and DLC).

No issues, no freeze when I play on a distant server (Gportal or other)

Ryzen 3800x
RTX3080
32go Ram
win10+steam
game is installed on a SSD with 300go free

Installed Mods:

Pippi
Emberlight
IqoL
LBPR add feature
LBPR

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Just play during various times
  2. Freezeee
  3. Need to close Game with task manager of win10

Hey @micka9fr

Could you try adding

[/Script/ConanSandbox.SystemSettings]
dw.UseModControllerCache=0

To ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\Windows\Engine.ini ?
This would disable a recent mod optimization released with 2.6 that is interfering with some mods. We’re working to get it fixed from our side but for the time being, disabling it with the workaround above could help you in your particular situation.

1 Like

Saddly the game continue to freeze even if it’s after 2h. I have reload my party but the game have freeze after 20-30 min. It freeze even if I just move with my flying character.

I have reload it again less than 10 min before freeze… only in local single player … sad…

Can you link your log file somewhere? Google Drive or such? Probably won’t find anything in there, but worth a look.

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

1 Like

There have already been several topics about freezing. And they all have AMD graphics cards.
I also have an AMD card, and the game also freezes for a long time. But I noticed that the freezing frequency depends on the Radeon Software version. You have to experiment and try. For example, some 2020 builds caused very hard and frequent freezes. Of those that I tried, the most optimal for my RX5500 card are builds of December 2019 and August 2021: every 10-20 hours of play.

My GPU is not a AMD. It s a NVIDIA.

It’s the last log tested with my full mods list : Google Drive: Sign-in

2 Likes

I apologize. Now I will know that this is happening with nVidia too…

You need to set permissions on the log to allow access.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YgcEDzJqhaxFqGfpMArGUYNUzJE8jBch/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

You said this was your “only mods.” That is FAR from the truth, and your log outlines this. Your log shows several out of date mods (hence all the spam in the log), and ya. If you are having freezing issues, you might want to start with your mod list.

You can TRY to filter out the noise in your log, but that’s hardly your only problem here.

In your Engine.ini add

[Core.Log]
LogStreaming=Warning off
GlobalServerChannel=Error
1 Like

My game has some weird slowdowns, and I use a lot of mods without crashing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
So definately there are outdated mods in there. My question is:

• Can you explain (or anybody else who knows) how can I (we) see which mods are outdated from the log file?

Because the only method for this I know is checking every mod one by one on the steam. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Hi !

Have have test again since the last update and add lines you give me to Engine.ini.

For the moment the game don’t crash with the small mod list (it crash before), but still freeze with the full mod list. Maybe you right, some mod are bugged but how I can check what mod create the problem ?

I have speak to quickly… I had a freeze with the limited mod list. I post you new log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AmLmc4iDX5rhcTzWehk0vhdNlD-D2uBI/view?usp=sharing

Have you see something in my last log ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.