Friend unable to join game session because I show offline

Game mode: Co-op
Type of issue: Bug
Server type:PvE
Region: Local
Mods?: No
Edition: Game Pass

Bug Description:

Starting a new game with co-op active. Invite friend to game session. I show as offline on his friend list

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start Co-op
  2. Invite friend
  3. Unable to join

If you have set your status to online but it’s offline for him, then it’s a issue to the Xbox App in general.

This is quite common if one party had his status to offline set.
Only solution is to logout and log back in after changing the status and hoping for the best.
I’ve also seen some solutions with the cache reset, but I’m not certain how that was done or where.

1 Like

I have tried this - my status is always online. Works fine for other xbox game pass games

Then I’m clueless for now.

Although I mostly play on PS4. I have played on the Xbox also, and I have also run into this issue.
It’s like either the Xbox or something on Microsoft’s client server side gets confused. On two separate occasions I wasn’t able to party up at all, even after a couple of restarts.
It is a frustrating bug, and it appears to be an intermittent one, also, it’s not (at least from my own experience) a Conan specific issue its an Xbox / Xbox live issue.

I’ve never quite fully found out how to resolve it, the best way is to avoid it happening in the first place by ensuring your status is ‘online’ before you play or party up with any friends.

I agree, I only happen to get this issue on Sea of Thieves, but in my case, I change my online status right before it and it needs time to really change it for everyone else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.