Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: Central Europe
Steps to reproduce:
- start game
- open inventory
- game starts
- game crashes: It just crashes my PC and I need to press the start button on the PC to boot up. No additional information available, no logs, no crash dump, nothing. One of the hardest crashes I have seen so far.
- game starts
- inventory opens without any issues
Things I have checked/done so far:
- Reinstalling the game
- uninstalling all mods
- verifying the game cache integrity
- monitoring my GPU temperature (max 58°)
- monitoring my CPU temperature (max 62°)
- all drivers are up to date
- steam is up to date
- game is up to date
- AMD Ryzen 2800x @ 4GHz
- 32 GB Ram (4x G.Skill Trident Z / DDR 4-3200)
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (with latest BIOS)
- GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX O11G (11GB, High End)
Game is installed on my m.2 SSD
Windows 10 64 bit professional, nothing is overclocked.
- After the crash happened, I booted up again, started up the game and joined the server, it will crash again immediately, without fully joining the server (or it might just joined the server and then crashes, hard to say)
- There is a chance of “warming up” the game (as recommended in another thread) before opening the inventory which will NOT result in a crash (but only sometimes)
- Crash happens around 1/5 times when I open the inventory. Problem is that once it started crashing, it seems hard to recover from it, making the experience a very bad one, because I keep rebooting my machine every 2min, for a few times, just to get the game working again.
- it might be related to the sort order applied in the inventory. I just realized that after a crash it changes back to “individual” order when it was in “named” order before.
In case there is any possibilty to run in debug mode or log the events, I’m happy to do so. Couldn’t find anything online.