Funcom apparently doesn’t understand that the players have at least been its customers

People can lie to your face as easily as over the phone, and as easily in chat. They don’t even have to lie in this instance.

3 Likes

I was being sarcastic.

2 Likes

oic… hehehe… :crazy_face:

1 Like

I lost everything last month 3 an a half years of work gone never been ban and funcom took everything and gave me a 30 day ban i was not blocking any content i just have some really nice builds i bet they didn’t even look at my time played on the server just took everything and 30 day ban and I have never been banned lol if it happens again I will be done they just need to put a build cap in or add servers you can do big builds on because i agree they keep banning people for the building on official people gonna move on and be done with funcom

1 Like

I agree, I’m pretty sure they didn’t, because it’s completely irrelevant.

As it has been explained several times on this thread alone, it’s not just the number of building pieces, it’s how you arrange them. So no, build cap would not solve the problem, and they’re not banning people just for big builds.

4 Likes

How does one get a ban for twice as long as the normal ban period without doing something more than just building big? I’m not saying it’s not the case, just seems odd that an innocent player could get a double length ban. It seems like either it’s for something more than has been mentioned, or Funcom is applying bans with random durations. (Or, of course, it could not be real - but I can’t come up with a reason someone would invent having been banned, so I’m discounting that possibility.)

1 Like

One thing I learned from social media is that, if someone just does not get it, you do not keep trying to change their mind, you just move on. If someone keeps arguing a point to death, they just want to be heard, are lonely, or are trolling. 609 posts later you are still arguing the same point. That is not a discussion, it is a black hole sucking up all of the intelligence. This thread is exactly why I rarely come to this forum anymore.

1 Like

I have a suspicion they keep this thread open so people post here instead of making new threads. If something spills out they just lock it. They have a thread they can post their rants and we can point and laugh all in one location.

2 Likes

It’s true. That’s why I called it a landfill thread. I’ve literally seen a mod close a thread and point the poster here, but I ain’t gonna link to that, because I know there are people who are gonna act butthurt over it.

2 Likes

Oh I can. You want to further a narrative that Funcom is unjustly issuing arbitrary bans for no reason without having any actual proof to support your point of view? Well why not just make some up? It’s a very old tactic.

1 Like

I see, its a magnit hak, it’s quite old. Whoever uses it has a kind of “area” and everyone who enters it is teleported to the haker’s position, there he hurts you without even seeing him (you see that someone invisible kills you, but the haker sees how you teleport to his side and he hits you). With this you can also loot closed chests (they appear as if they were from your clan, so the theft will not even appear in your event log).

I’ve always said that this is what Funcom has to fight against, but it seems that they prefer to empty pvp servers of normal players using excuses like “massive builds” and thus hope that the hakers will stop playing.

3 Likes

Funcom is not going to hunt you down. You are simply going to be reported by a complainer and they will ban you … or not, you can build the same base on 5 servers and be reported on all 5, in 4 of them nothing may happen and the 5th decide to ban you, there is no clear rules and you are never sure that you can lose your account simply by building without blocking resources or anything like that, just making a large base.

For that reason I do not want to enter to play any more on official servers: as soon as I raid and loot the work of months of some crybaby, reports will rain on me and I do not want to give my account to Funcom

2 Likes

I think you shouldn’t discount it. People who misdirect their anger in the first place are MUCH more likely to take revenge. Such revenge can take any form they feel may hurt their target - including trying to damage a reputation by falsely claiming injustice or even claiming the target to be anything less than Jesus-like. It’s super common!

1 Like

Except that’s not what I’m saying. But hey, not bothering to read what I wrote and misrepresenting my words based on your own ideas about me is a step up from calling me a “condescending piece of ■■■■■”, so at least I’ve got that going for me.

Spoke too soon.

Look, I know you can’t be expected to read 600+ posts in one go, but is calling me names really why you came back here? I mean, people ask me if I have nothing better to do than argue on these forums, but at least I’m arguing, not just hopping on to engage in some drive-by mud-slinging…

I doubt that. If you actually bothered to read it, you wouldn’t be completely missing the point and calling me an idiot in the same breath.

5 Likes

Just report the post and move on. If they’re half as upset with the game as they say they are, they’ll just quit anyway. Just another one jumping on the Funcom Bad train. Eventually the trainwreck will learn this isn’t their station.

1 Like

Yes Halk, your horrendous post was rather disgusting. I’m glad we can agree on that. Oh wait, you were talking about something else. Never mind, keep talking nonsense then.

If you actually read anything in this thread, which I highly doubt, then Mr. Pot why are you calling the kettle black?

Well, you should have just stuck to your lack of participation since, as you so clearly pointed out, it’s obviously not your problem.

Bye bye!

The named outlined in the ‘Denial Army’ just makes this whole thread too. These people are going full tinfoil.

2 Likes

Except it isn’t and you didn’t. I even summarized the “general gist” at one point. Anyone who claims they have read what I wrote and the only thing they got from it is “Funcom can’t be wrong ever” is either: 1) lying about reading, 2) lacks reading comprehension, or 3) has an axe to grind.

I suspect @Taemien knows well by now what I think about the way he talks to other people in these forums. We’ll never see eye to eye on that. Here’s the thing, though: I stopped flagging most of his attacks – although I still flag the most egregious ones – because of people like you. Basically, I’ve always tried to be reasonable and argue the point instead of the person, and I’m tired of taking shіt for it from everyone who thinks that insults are okay on the Internet because you’re anonymous.

As for the community team looking bad here, they have a long track record of handling controversial changes and announcements in this same way, by creating a megathread about it and then steering all outbursts to it. It makes sense, too, because believe it or not, some of us would like to have the rest of the forums to actually talk about other things in Conan Exiles, not just this. So I don’t think that @Taemien projecting his attitude on the community team will somehow make them look bad.

I never would’ve guessed.

4 Likes

I think he is trying to imply with older builds, there should be more leeway. Not sure though.

Other than the point and laugh, I think it is a safe bet. It makes moderation a lot easier and the forums more enjoyable for everyone.

4 Likes